Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
DJRedLine

SkyGo App Windows Phone 8

Now that WP8 has been released any ideas if we might actually see a Sky Go app on this platform?

It was aleady frustrating that an app for WP7 has not been released but surely it's about time that Sky sit-up and notice that Microsoft are serious about their mobile devices, and that not everyone is interested in Android or IOS.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi DJRedLine, we are always keeping an eye on the mobile market and how popular operating systems and models are we.

We have not announced any plans to support Windows Phone 7/8 at present I'm afraid.
Malcolm-M
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
thelivinglegend

Re: SkyGo App Windows Phone 8

I'd like Sky to sort out a Skygo app for Windows 8 phone too.

I'm New Here
Kim+lee

me too... "I'd like Sky to sort out a Skygo app for Windows 8 phone too"

Getting There
NathBird

Dear SKY,

Windows Phone is here to stay.....MS are obviously quite serious about this so in turn believe you should be quite serious in developing compatible apps. Sky Sports Score Centre and Sky Go pretty please

:smileylol:

Getting There
bernard666

Id like to add to this, Windows Phone 8 and windows 8 metro are here to stay - hell, every new pc will ship with windows8 so a huge customer base for the taking,

Please can Sky port the current apps to this new platform...

I'm New Here
jssssch

I would also like to have Sky Go on my Windows phone 8.
You support the Xbox, so why not WP8?
Please release an app soon.
Thanks.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi jssssch,

Welcome to the Community.

Unfortunately at the moment this is not a device available via the Sky Go service. We will be looking to add more devices in the future.

You can check here http://goo.gl/rXGjE for devices available.

Thanks,
Explorer
Fergie1815

I agree. As a Sky customer paying the same as Apple or Android users I expect the same service so Sky please get it sorted...
Explorer
srwcricket

I have noticed many questions asking when a Windows 8 app will be available and Sky have consistently responded stating there are no current plans announced.  As I regularly travel and user of both Sky Go and Windows 8 smart phone, it would be hugely appreciated by myself and no doubt many others, if Sky could provide an indication as to what could trigger the development of an app and how close or otherwise Sky is to hitting that trigger.  Would this be possible?

Explorer
srwcricket

Answered

HI srwcricket,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome.

We are developing a Windows8 version but it has not been released yet, we are working on this and plan to update SkyGo ASAP but we do not have a timescale at present.

If this post has answered your question please mark as an Accepted Solution, if not please post on the relevant board on the forum to allow the community to provide further assistance.

Thanks

Getting There
Andy+Hamilton

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your (encouraging) answer that you are developing a Windows 8 version. For clarification, can I confirm that you actually mean a Windows 8 Phone version. I already use SkyGo on my windows 8 pc.

Many thanks for your help

Andy

Explorer
srwcricket

There appear to be questions going way back to last October requesting a Sky Go app for Windows 8.  All answers appear to suggest an app is in development but no commitment on release date.  Given it's at least three months since such answers have been provided, is it possible Sky could consider a more detailed brief on progress? Many thanks.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi all,

Due to a misunderstanding the Q&A response was incorrect. We have not announced any plans to develop apps for Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 at present. We continue to monitor the market penetration of individual devices and platforms.

If we do have any news we can share we will post it on the forums.

Regards,

Explorer
srwcricket

Looks like my HTC8X Windows 8 (why by the way is a great handset and software but for the lack of key apps) was the wrong purchase, don't understand why Sky don't just dev the app, be done with it?  I'm off to IOS if they will exchange my phone but I fear time has run out now.  Not happy.