Sky remote will not work the magic eye

Answered
Go to Answer
New Viewer
Post 1 of 413

Sky remote will not work the magic eye

tv works fine through magic eye, but cannot get the remote to work !!!

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 228 of 413

Re: my sky remote will not work using the magic eye, even though the picture is there

Paul1025 wrote:

When I take magic eye and put it directly into the global I/o adaptor, I only get a green light on the magic eye box. I do not get a red light on the magic eye itself 

From your later post, I'm assuming the 'magic eye box' you refer to above is actually the Triax IO Link and the green light is adjacent to the RF2 output socket. Is that right? I can't find anything online which indicates what that means, but intuitively I'd say it means the Triax is receiving 9v from your Sky box and delivering it to the RF2 socket.

If the magic eye is plugged into the RF2 socket (not the RF1 socket) and doesn't light, then either there's a poor connection between the RF2 socket and the magic eye, or the magic eye is faulty, or it's connected the wrong way round (that is, the end which should be plugged into the 2nd TV's aerial socket is plugged into the RF 2 socket).

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 413

Re my sky remote will not work using the magic eye, even though the picture is there

Is the power LED lit on the magic eye?

Does the remote work ok when pointed directly at the Sky box?

Runner
Post 3 of 413

Re: my sky remote will not work using the magic eye, even though the picture is there

I'm Having this problem too all of a sudden. Light is not on on the eye but there's a picture upstairs. Remote only works with the sky box downstairs now.
Oracle
Post 4 of 413

If there's no LED lit on the eye, it means no power is reaching it which is why it won't work. First check that the RF Output power on your Sky box is still turned on - key Services,0,0,1,Select on your remote and use the up/down/left/right buttons to move to the RF Output tab where you'll find the RF Output Power setting.

If it's already on, change it to off, save your settings and exit, then restart your Sky box. Go back to the same menu and turn the RF Output Power on again (save your settings). Is the power LED now lit?

If not, plug the magic eye directly into the RF2 socket on the back panel of your Sky box. If it lights ok, you have a bad connection somewhere between your RF2 socket and the other TV.

Staff
Post 5 of 413

Hello ChrissyJoeJoe and Pirate182,

Thank you for posting to the community and sharing your issues using the Sky Remote and Magic Eye.

I can see Mark39 has been helping you both which is great to see, could you please let me know if the steps Mark39 has given you both has helped? If it has or hasn't please get back to us and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Researcher
Post 6 of 413

I have had this problem as well since earlier this week. We have multiple tvs with magic eyes - all with the lights on showing a picture but no control. I've plugged one of the tvs diretcly into the RF2 socket and the same happens so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the magic eye or distribution but more likely a box issue?

Oracle
Post 7 of 413

llyrarb wrote:

. I've plugged one of the tvs diretcly into the RF2 socket and the same happens so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the magic eye or distribution but more likely a box issue?

Unplug the cable from the RF2 socket, and plug in one of the magic eyes instead. Carefully cover up all of the front panel of your Sky box and then try the remote. Does the power LED light and does it then control your Sky box?

New Viewer
Post 8 of 413

Thanks - that did the trick!
Researcher
Post 9 of 413

Thanks - I will try that but the lights are already on on the magic eyes

Researcher
Post 10 of 413

The magic eye does not illuminate when plugged into the RF2 socket directly. On a second HD box I have ( on a separate distribution system also with some magic eyes) that works fine but when I swap the boxes over the one that is working then doesn't. I've tried resetting, turning RF2 on and off etc with no luck
Viewer
Post 11 of 413

This did not work on my sky box at all I have tried almost everything but it won't control even though there is picture
Oracle
Post 12 of 413

Can we try to help? Tell us what you've tried so far.

Boom Operator
Post 13 of 413

Please can some one help me.
I have 2 TV's in other rooms with a magic eye. I can see the picture fine but the remote will only work in the main room where the Sky box is. I have tried most things to get it to work.

Please can some one run me through how to get it working again ? It seem to happen when the sky box was upgraded : (
Oracle
Post 14 of 413

Can you give us a bit more information?

1. Does your upgraded Sky box have an RF2 socket on the rear panel or are you using an IO Link?

2. Is the power LED lit on each of the magic eyes?

Boom Operator
Post 15 of 413

Hi there,

The sky box was upgraded on a download I believe. Nothing else has changed. The RF2 socket is on the box.

I have just checked the lights on the magic eye and it seems the lights are not on ? Should they be red ?

Many thanks : )

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM