Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Chicken+John

Sky remote not accepting code to work new TV

I purchased a Toshiba 40BV700 on Thursday however, I've not been succesful in programming the sky + remote to operate the TV.

I have checked the version of the remote - it's version 8 and I have checked the Toshiba website (as well as Sky) for the code (0156) but it's still not working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as having to use 2 different remotes is driving me up the wall!

John

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky remote not accepting code to work new TV

[ Edited ]

Do you actually have to program these remotes now. I have had Sky HD+ for just over a year and have never had to program either remote we have (we brought a second one to use in a different room via Magic Eye) and we never had to program either of them as they worked from the off.

Yesterday I had a problem with one of them so I took the batteries out for 30 minutes and after putting them back in the red light blinked once and it starting working the TV and box again. Perhaps it depends on what the TV is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Devon123

I have just bought the same television. I followed the directions the sky online tool and came up with the code of 1317. The remote went a bit haywire but after a phone call they said to follow the directions but to put 999 in and then the above code. Now it works fine. 

Let me know if it works for you!

Occasional Visitor
jordannejosh

I have just purchased a new sky remote and cannot get it to program to work on my tv - samsung PS42A457. The old remote worked automatically on the tv but the new one will not work. I have tried numerous codes from the sky menu but none will work (0510, 0060, 0656 and others). I have evn phoned up sky cust serv and they do not have a code for it!!!!!!!

Any soultions more than welcome

Thanks Dawn

Frequent Visitor
dodger148

I bought a new Sony TV at weekend and reprogramed the Sky+ remote - it was ok in the end but it did take three attempts

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi Guys,

Thought I would post up the procedure to follow to ensure it is the same as what you have been trying already:

1. Press the TV button once.

2. Press and hold in the red (fastext) & select button together until the remote control blinks red twice then let go.

3. Enter 4 digit code and you should see the red light blink twice again after the last digit is pressed to confirm it has been saved.

4. Try the volume control (Remember to control Sky again you may need to press the Sky button first).

For every code you try you will have to follow the full procedure from the start.

jordannejosh wrote:

I have just purchased a new sky remote and cannot get it to program to work on my tv - samsung PS42A457. The old remote worked automatically on the tv but the new one will not work. I have tried numerous codes from the sky menu but none will work (0510, 0060, 0656 and others). I have evn phoned up sky cust serv and they do not have a code for it!!!!!!!

Any soultions more than welcome

Thanks Dawn

Hi jordannejosh,

Can you try the above procedure with code 0646 for your Samsung TV?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
lindsayhowden

Hi i was just wondering if you managed to get your sky remote to work with your toshiba tv, as i have been having the same problem and none of the codes seem to work.

Occasional Visitor
anjikai

Hey got the same tv a couple of wks ago and tried what you put as a last resort and it worked! thanks.

Occasional Visitor
peter+cannon

the code is 0527 as i have a 37bv700b

Occasional Visitor
David+1106

THE CODE FOR THIS TV TOSHIBA 40BV700B IS  0527 USED IT TODAY WORKED FIRST TIME.

SKY PLEASE NOTE.

dave.

Occasional Visitor
afcwomble

David+1106 wrote:

THE CODE FOR THIS TV TOSHIBA 40BV700B IS  0527 USED IT TODAY WORKED FIRST TIME.

SKY PLEASE NOTE.

dave.

Thankyou Dave, worked on my new toshiba 40BV700B today, spot on.

Occasional Visitor
johnnyg1st1

thank u sooo much finally i can turn the sound down. :smileyvery-happy:

Visitor
ALB96MOB

I would be grateful if anyone can help with using sky remote to work tv.

I have a panasonic tv TX-L32X15BA - My remote control is Version 6.

I have been quoted 3 codes to try

0678/ 0254/ 0302. Unfortunately they have been unsuccessful!

I enter the 4 digit code,but do not get the LED flashing twice

to signify the code has been recognised.

As I have wasted rather a long time on this "project" any help or

advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation! 

Super User
kato

ALB96MOB wrote:

I would be grateful if anyone can help with using sky remote to work tv.

I have a panasonic tv TX-L32X15BA - My remote control is Version 6.

I have been quoted 3 codes to try

0678/ 0254/ 0302. Unfortunately they have been unsuccessful!

I enter the 4 digit code,but do not get the LED flashing twice

to signify the code has been recognised.

As I have wasted rather a long time on this "project" any help or

advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation! 

See if these help  0878  678  254  0512

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
sam1985

any one no a code for a time tv plasma