Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
kevefc
Accepted Solution

Sky plus wont record, no anytime

Dont know if this is becasue of the weather but, today my sky plus box wont record or live pause, when I try to an error message comes up saying system fault, playback and recording unavailable and call a number for assistance but have tried that and no one can take my call their. It says error message 21-11p if that helps, all the programs i had on my sky planner have disappeared to and sky anytime has also disappeared, any help?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: Sky plus wont record, no anytime

Hi kevefc,

For system fault I would recommend trying a planner rebuild first and if that fails then attempt the full system reset. Please read the warning first before attempting this.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
chrissy+la

I had the same problem; tried a planner rebuild; didn't work. Tries the full system rebuild procedure and it is fine now.

Occasional Visitor
Jonnystar

i have the same problem, how do u do a full system reset

Occasional Visitor
CA+NCLE

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks Robert I was having similar problems to kevefc and carried out a planner rebuild and now my sky plus is working.

Occasional Visitor
davidbenbow

Hi

I had the same problem yesterday and followed telephone instructions to reboot the box. It will record now and seems to be functioning OK despite losing all previously recorded programmes. However when I try to look up Anytime TV, the Movies, Kids and D. Any suggestions please?ocumentaries gives the message "There are no programmes of this type". Any suggestions please?

Occasional Visitor
david1963

I have the same problem and have tried both suggestions but still nothing. Is there anything else I can try?

Visitor
JulietH

I have exactly the same problem.  I can't do a planner rebuild as it won't let me (keeps flashing the confirm/back page) and a system rebuild did not cure the problem.  Has the hard drive given up the ghost?

Occasional Visitor
Jonathon+Bennett

this function not avalable record or play back

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Hi Jonathon+Benne...

If you have tried a Planner Rebuild, a Full System Reset and this has not resolved the issue, You will need to contact us directly to ensure your viewing card is active with the sky+ subscription or to arrange a service call.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Anthony+Denby

This is a query related to the subject title. A friend of mine has had a Sky + box for some time. Due to circumstances,he has had to cancel his Sky subsciption package and just get free to air channels. However he is unable to record anything as the recorder will not work. Reading certain posts,it seems that when you cancel Sky,they remove the ability to use,what is now,your own equipment. This to me is restrictive practice and needs to be reported to some department for investigation. The reason I am concerned,is that I have now entered into a Sky+HD contract and if I decide to cancel in 12 months time I am going to be left with a useless piece of equipment like my friend has.

Surely there must be some way to be able to utilise the record feature for free to air channels. Can anyone furnish any imformation to help a pensioner to record programs.

Super User
kato

To have the Sky+function enabled Sky will charge you £10.25 pm for the privelege.Once you have cancelled you stop receiving this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
Marc+7

Due to cash flow. I have cancelled Sky and would have returned in the future.

I am also now unable to record and play back recordings. I have a number of programmes I have recorded (last season of Lost etc) There are a number of BBC programmes that I am also not able to view either.

Am I not going to be able to view these?

How can this be right, If I own the box?

Sky thinks the BBC has a monopoly?

If I do own the box - it's going in the bin because it's of no use to me.

Not very happy and won't return to Sky.

Which ever Sky Director thought of this - it wasn't thought through very well.

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Marc+7,

Thanks for bringing these questions to the forum!

It is unfortunate to see you have had to leave our services, however we would love to have you back again in the future.

As you no longer have an active Sky TV subscription then the box no longer has the Sky+ facility so you will be unable to view previous recordings.

The box is your own property, and at the moment you will still be able to view the free to view channels.  Whilst I appreciate this may be frustrating, there is no way around this.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
northey