Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
buttkicker

Re: Sky plus records programme but only get blue screen on replay?

My Samsung box has also been doing this for a few months now... very depressing to find a blue screen of our fav reordings of the programs

I will have a look at the rev numbers tomorrow

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
KKearns

Hi... has anyone worked out a permanent fix for this issue yet?

This has been happening on our sky box for months, as per sky we have carried out a planner rebuild and when that didn't solve the problem permanently we were asked to do a total reset, again this seemed to help for a few weeks.

However problem is now back with avenegence.... Records a lot of programmes with Blue Screen, even if we are recording them from Anytime TV. As per other user we could be watching  a program live (so can confirm there is no issue with the channels) however if we record its a blue screen on playback!!

Also... the amount of space used on your harddrive is irrelevant as we were getting blue screens with 90% available.

I'm so annoyed and frustrated with sky over this issue as the first time I rang up they said they'd never heard of the problem before when the website is littered with queries. The last guy I spoke to today was excellent, however as we didnt take out insurance we are expected to pay £65 to get it fixed. This is not on as we have been customers for over 10 years. BT vision is looking very attractive right now :smileysad: You'd think there would be a fix available by now.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi Everyone,

If you have completed planner rebuilds, and full system resets and you are still experiencing this issue, could you get back to us with some details of your box please?

We would require the model and version number which can be found by pressing Services, right arrow key, select, and then browsing to System Details.

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor
KKearns

Hi, 

I have completed a planner rebuild and a system reset as you have described. 

Model Number R003.047.25.00P

Version Number 973004

Serial No 0306027662

Thanks, Kevin.

Visitor
JdShorty

Same problem on Samsung box Model number-R003.047.25.00p Version number-973007
Contributor
Ragnarok

Something that may or may not be related.  There was a time when I had an installation where the satellite signal was interrupted for less than a second every 20 minutes or so.  Not a huge issue on live programs as the interruptions were so brief, although occassionally it caused the sound to change to a noise and I'd need to re-select the channel to get the sound back.  However I found that the brief interruptions would often corrupt a recording in strange ways.  Sometimes the entire recording would blue-screen.  Sometimes the Sky box would lock up completely when the playback got to the interrupted bit and require a mains power reset.  Sometimes the playback would bizarrely switch to fast-forward when it got to the interruption.  Of course, similar symptoms can be caused by completely different issues, but just maybe the people experiencing this issue have a poor or interrupt-prone satellite signal?

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi KKearns & JdShorty,

Thanks very much for supplying us with this information.  

Just one more thing you can confirm for us if that is ok.  We would be interesting in knowing what the box was doing before the blue screen appeared? This would help us attempt to replicate the issue.

Ragnarok,  thank you also for contributing your past experience! An interrupted signal is always a possibility.

Thanks,

Visitor
JdShorty

The box will be slow to respond to menus and changing channels,and live pausing wont work at times.I can still watch the program live with no problems and will have full signal strenght and quality in settings.It happens mostly when two programs are recording.

Frequent Visitor
MarkKelly2

I am also getting this issue - it first occured after Xmas - came back from 10 days away to find majority of my recordings had blue screen. Did a planner rebuild and all seemed ok until a few days ago....True blood recorded blue screen - everything else recording ok - so I set an instance to record last night - blue screen again - WEIRD.

Irratic behavior last few weeks includes - not being able to live pause  - message says cant live pause when 2 recordinings are happening (but I wasnt recording anything) - and getting error message when trying to set a second recording to record - when only 1 other is set for that time frame.

Any ideas tech guys - this seems to be a common issue  - I posted here last time but unfortuantely cant find that thread now.

Mark

Visitor
t1g3rl1ly

I have lost count of number of programme's that i have lost this way, i have samsung box too getting fed up of how often doing a rebuild and have also done a full system reset.  happened again overnight last night and this morning and lost 5 programmes.  now trying to find repeats.  seriously thinking about taking up virgin's offer which is cheaper and never had an issue with them before.

Frequent Visitor
KKearns

Again sometimes a slow response to menus etc and also at times when I try to rewind a programme it won't let me. However mostly it appears to be working ok and the first we know anything is wrong is when we go to play back the programme that was recorded.

I am so relieved that someone is finally looking into this and look forward to your response.

Staff (Retired)
GregorA

Hi MarkKelly2,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and explaining the issues you have been having.

The next step would be to complete a Full System Reset. The only downside to this, it will delete all of your current recordings.

Let us know if this solves the problem.

Regards.

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi t1g3rl1ly, 

I have sent you a private message so we can get a better understanding of the problem with the box. Can you reply to this when you have a minute?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi KKearns, 

I have also sent you a private message so we can have this looked into further. Can you reply to the message when have a chance?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi JdShorty, 

Can you confirm if you have completed a planner rebuilds and full system reset to see if this resolves the problem on your box? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator