Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
cerikinsey

Sky plus box not recording

Hi My sky plus box does not record. I set the channel I would like to record but when I checked at the end of the recording it's states it's failed. Error message states Recording failed out of Disk space? There are currently no recordings on there and there is 100% space. Any ideas please.

Thanks

Ceri

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Sky plus box not recording

Try a planner rebuild.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
cerikinsey

I tried the planner rebuild but still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Super User
kato

If the planner rebuild didn't work try the procedure below.If you still have issues after you will need to contact Sky,explain to them what you have tried.

1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.

3. Locate the backup button on the front/top of the box.

4. Press and hold in the Backup button, and while doing this switch the box back on at the mains supply.

5. Continue to hold the Backup button after you have powered on, you should see within 60 seconds 3 more lights come on the front of the box? At this stage you can release the Backup button.

6. If you have 4 lights lit, it means the box is going through the forced download procedure. Leave for 15 minutes then try to see if your Issue is resolved.

If that fails then the next step will be a front panel reset (This will reformat the hard drive losing all saved recordings):

1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.

2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons either side of the select button on the front/top of the box.

3. Press and hold both the left and right arrow buttons in together, and while holding power the box back on and continue to hold the buttons after the red light comes back on.

4. Continue to hold the buttons, you should see within 60 seconds, the blue/green circle light in the centre of the box light up a full circle.

5. Let go the buttons then press select button on the box twice.

6. You should see the blue/green circle light moving anti-clockwise and the record and play lights in the centre flashing on/off.

7. Once the lights go off, the box will have rebooted and you will now only have the red standby light lit on the box.

8. If you can now wait 2 minutes before switching the box back on from standby to see if the fault has resolved

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
pankus

I am having the same problem, I followed the instructions to reset the hard drive but its still doing the same thing

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

pankus wrote:

I am having the same problem, I followed the instructions to reset the hard drive but its still doing the same thing

Presumably you have two working Dish Inputs?  If so, check Signal Strengths in the Services Menu.

Contributor
LEEBEE

Hi Sounds like your box is on the blink

Mine does exactly the same, when recording 2 programs it crashes, my SKY plus stopped working, also you will find when recording 2 channels it wont let you watch them. Mine also says no signal, when recording the 2nd, usually 1st is ik, its like the box can longer cope with 2 things at once.

Sky will then kindly try and shaft you out of £65.00 for new box if its out of warranty. Im currently on my 4th box, they fail like no tommorow, if your out of contract may i suggest changing supplier, trust me these boxes are rubbish, dont last long, and cost to replace, at our cost and SKY have no customer loyalty so if like me youve been with them for ages and spent a fortune, they wont help, just expect you to keep paying.

There s an update yesterday, SKY private messaged me saying they have checked my account and basically they dont care, the fact ive been with them for 5 years and had 3 boxes fail in the last " and half years, my options are ridicuas, check my posts for further information.

My advice is to just scrap it all together if you are out of warranty and contract as it really isnt worth the agro, in 5 years ibve had 4 boxes fail, im now paying for SKY pus and cant have it due to this box faling. SKY are just ignorant to long term customers

Sorry for the bad news

Lee

Occasional Visitor
Damilare

The second instructions about pressing the left and right then press select has helped me......previosuly, i was unable to record, rewind, forward or even start sky+ with one click.......i have now lost all my previously recorded shows including Nigeria African cup of nations final but at least i can use my sky box again! so thanks for your help.

Occasional Visitor
SFLYNN1

Hi, I've just recently had the same issue. I've done a rebuild and I've done and system update. I then noticed that a program I ha on series link record had changed channel. I deleted this series link and then changed it to the new channel and it seems to be working fine now (touch wood).
Occasional Visitor
phillip50

This was a very good advice
Occasional Visitor
MaCoggins

Thanks, tried planner rebuild....no luck, but tried your first lot of instructions and 'success'!! So pleased, didn't lose any recordings...happy days.
Thanks again 😄

Occasional Visitor
edwardjohnralphs

Sky plus box not recording and plenty of space available
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Good morning edwardjohnralphs,

It's great to hear from one of our Sky subscribers and I'm sorry to read that you are having a bit of trouble when recording.

Can you let me know if you see any on screen message when trying to record anything? Does the live pause feature of your box as normal?

If you can get back to me whenever you can so we can get this sorted for you.

Thanks