Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
d.oxberry

Sky not taking their money. Payment now overdue

I just subscribed to Sky and I elected to pay my monthly bill via my debit card.  I gave the Sky employee I was talking to on the phone my card details so that the payments would be automatically taking out each month. 

I then got my first bill saying the first payment would be taking from my card on or just after the 5th September.  So when the 5th came and no money had been taken I didn't think much about it as I assumed they would be taking it "soon after" like it says in the letter. 

But I just took a look at my account online and it says my payment is late.  I am not sure if I shoudl pay it off or just wait because I am worried that if I do pay the bill online they will still try and take the payment from my card as there is only enough to cover the bill in my account at the moment.  However I am also worried about my services being suspended or incurring some kind of charge for being late with my payment which I believe is not my fault as the letter clearly states

"Payment will be collected from your Credit Card on, or soon after, your Payment due Date of 05/09/2012"

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: Sky not taking their money. Payment now overdue

Hi d.oxberry, 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

The first thing we need to confirm is whether or not there is a continuous payment method in place, can you log into your My Sky Account & confirm this, if there is no method place I would set this up & pay the current balance.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
d.oxberry

[ Edited ]

ok I paid off the amount and added a new payment method plus I found out what the problem was.  They did have my card details as they attempted to take their money on the 2nd of September which is 3 days before they were supposed to and 2 days before the money was in my bank account.  I even got a letter today from sky complaining about the late payment and if it wasn't paid in 10 days my services would be suspended (which I have paid as I said previously).

As I said in my earlier post they clearly said it would the money would be taken on or after (not before) the 5th of September so clearly sky is at fault here if they try and take money 3 days before the stated date without informing me in time to make sure the money is in.

Hopefully with the new payment method added to replace the old it will be the last issue I have with sky

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi d.oxberry,

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know.

Please come back to us and let us know if it happens again.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.