Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Mav99
Accepted Solution

Sky go wont register, Silverlight donwloaded....just a white screen

Im trying to register my PC, but all Im getting is a white box after 2 mins of loading

Ive got

Microsoft Silverlight (64-bit)
Version: 5.0.61118.0

Tried it in Explorer and Firefox....any suggestions?

Ta in advance

Lee

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
wasteofspace

Re: Sky go wont register, Silverlight donwloaded....just a white screen

Yes, I have the same issue on my PC, using Firefox,  after the exact same Silverlight upgrade. As I cannot register the device I cannot watch any content to force the PC to be registered! Each time I try to watch any streaming content, film or live TV, it says the device is not registered hence the reason why no viiewing is allowed.

Also, I have a Mac which I use solely for the downloading and viewing of content via Sky Desktop and after the exact same Silverlight upgrade on it using Safari browser, even though the MAC device is registered as per "manage devices", I cannot view any steaming content....it keeps flagging a message alert syaing  "Sorry, blah blah blah, try again and gives an obtruse script Error code" Even worse, on the Sky Desktop it won't allow me to watch any downloaded content as it keeps trying anf failing to get the licenses (altert message displayed). This is on content download both before and after the Silverlight upgrade

I want to wacth on the go, the Masters and cannot watch it at all. Very frustrating. I tried on line chat and they always suggest basic issues like re-installl, change browser etc etc. Just kicking the can further down the road.....

Hence, I cannot really watch any downloaded or streamed content on any device registered or otherwise, since the Silverlight upgrade

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Mav99

Thanks for your post. 

Can you tell me if the browser you are using are 32 or 64 bit browser? 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi wasteofspace 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you tell me what error code you are getting? 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Mav99

[ Edited ]

The browser im using is Mozilla Firefox 11

Ive also tried it in IE 9

My operating system is Windows 7 64bit and ive got 8gb of RAM

Occasional Visitor
Brien+Trainor

Re: Sky go wont register, Because I updated Silverlight, I've lost one of my devices for a month!!

After TWO attempts at live online support, I discovered why my sons XBOX won't re-register.

It's because SILVERLIGHT updated and re-registered my PC that I've been using for ages, so won't let me re-register the XBOX (which stopped working - so I de-registered it)

I have been told that SKY will not allow me to re-register the XBOX until 1st May as I've had one change of device - when I HAVEN'T. It's just that SKY re-registered my pc because of the SILVERLIGHT update.

So forgive me if I'm being thick here, but I DIDN'T re-register my pc - it was all down to SKY updating SILVERLIGHT.

I DID NOT RE-REGISTER MY PC - SKY DID!!!

I am a very unhappy customer - not the only one I'm sure...

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Mav99,

We always suggest trying to use a 32bit browser, so if you a 32 bit Internet explorer browser, try that:smileyhappy:

Let us know how you get on.

Regards.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Re: Sky go wont register, Because I updated Silverlight, I've lost one of my devices for a month!!

Hi Brien+Trainor,

I know this rather frustrating circumstances, however it's still a pleasure to welcome you to the Sky Help Forum!

Unfortunately it will not be possible to allow you to do this until the start of the next calendar month. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and these errors can occur at times. It's not great and I completely understand why you are rather upset with this.

If we can help with anything else, then let us know.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
terry+rowe

Hi My sky go has the same problem as everyone else since the silverlight download , How do i get to watch my programmes on my mac please i feel really upset about this knowing i cant watch what i'm paying in my own comfort. HELP !!!

Visitor
Lewisfan

HI I'VE HAD SAME PROBLEM!! I DID A WEBCHAT WITH SKY & THEY TOLD ME TO SHUT ALL MY BROWSERS & JUST OPEN IE9 AND AFTER DOIN THIS MY SKYGO WORKED REALLY WELL !!! HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY😊
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi terry+rowe, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and sorry for the delay in replying. 

Can you please advise if you've managed to get Sky Go working?

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Mav99

Sorry I havent replied to this, been too busy watching Sky Go :smileyvery-happy:

Turns out my problem was because I had True Type fonts installed on my PC with an "&" in the name.  I deleted them and its all sorted now.

Ta

Mav

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Mav, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting the community know how you sorted this issue. 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Visitor
emanon

Hi, can u explain to me how u did this? I have removed most of these fonts but 2 in particular I cant delete, even though I have changed the properties in them, as they keep telling me they are open in another programme which I know they are not. Result is i still cant find out if this is the cause of the problem.

Mav99

I shut everything down, no documents open pr anything

I went into Control Panel TT Fonts and slowly went through each font, deleted everything with a & and it worked.

Nothing else I can Say i dont think

Hope it works

Mav