Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
blackNwhite

Sky go questions

I've been reading about sky go and have 2 questions:

1.  With regards to iOS 4 devices does that include Apple TV or not?

2.  Is sky multiroom being withdrawn or is it down to no charge?  I ask because I was considering adding it and the statements from sky are less clear about whats happening to multiroom for

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: Sky go questions

Sky multiroom is not down to no charge and as yet there are no signs of it being dropped. It may be that they adjust the HD pricing strategy at some point but the people on the phones will not be told anything until the decision is made and announced publicly.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Ukefc

Hmm. On this page - http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/latest-news/ it says Sky Anytime multiroom will become free.

Quote:

What happens if I currently subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom?

Great news, you‘ll no longer need to subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom as you'll be able to view live channels in line with your Sky TV subscription with Sky Go for free. Until then you can continue to enjoy the benefits of Sky Player Multiroom as normal and we won't be taking any further payments.

Questions though. Is Skyplayer Multiroom the same as Sky Multiroom? I subscribe to 2 additional multi rooms at £10.25 per month each. Does this mean I will now save this cost or will multiroom come out of the additional 2 "devices" that Sky go will allow?

Super User
caesarome

I think you two at getting your wires crossed.

The Sky Multiroom product is not being withdrawn but you will not longer need to have to paying boxes to be able to view live TV via the new Sky Go product.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
microcat36

This is a joke and a retrograde step for me, i will be getting less of a service now than i did before, i will not use the phone service and have the full Sky package with phone/internet, we have Sky player on 4 PC's so all the family can use the service inside or outside the house in the garden.

Now Sky will be limiting it to two regestered devices and my son and daughter will loose Sky from thier rooms/PC's as i don't want multi room and extra cables as everything is done wireless to all the PC's.

So now i will be getting less of a service from Sky, while paying more with the increase in the price of the main package, i have been with Sky from the start but will be looking elsewhere from now on, two devices is a joke, a retrogade step and a slap in the face to long standing customers who use the service.

I can't understand why if i am paying for a full package, Sky are taking away a service i had before, this isn't an improved service for me it's a retrograde step and one that is a step too far for me as my family will loose out due to Sky's grabbing mean spirited approach.

It will be £1200 a year they will be loosing from me.

Regular Visitor
Sky95

Will Sky Go be availbe on Tmobile network so I can watch my Sky TV on 3G. 

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Sky95, 

Sky Go will be available through an App which you will need to download to your mobile. If you have a compatible device (at present iPhone, iPod touch or iPad) then you will be able to access this service using the app. You may need to check with T-Mobile however regarding 3G usage and data limits for your mobile plan.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Moo+Moo+da+Monkey

Sky know full well that a majority of people will carry on using them as they have little or no alternative. If Virgin or BT Vision is a possible alternative, I suggest you look into it....

Occasional Visitor
Mary+Lydon

Is there a reason why you cant watch the sky player without having the god foresaken tv guide on constantly, leaving the screen about 2 inches big. Either that, or having it full screen.

Or is there a way to get it back to the normal size it used to be?

Super User
caesarome

Under the little screen there is a little icon to watch it in a pop up window (if you don't know what one it is just hover your mouse of each one and you will get a popup telling what each one does), click it and you will get a window that isn't to far of the size it used to be.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Mary+Lydon

Thanks bud, much obliged.

Occasional Visitor
tonjy

Can someone please explain why when trying to watch sky go on the iphone it only works when on a wifi network, when i try to watch via 3G the app tells me my login details are incorrect, (which they aren't)

I have tried re-installing the app but get the same result 

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi tonjy, 

We are currently investigating this issue, can you tell us what network you are on for your 3G signal?

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
tonjy

I'm with T-Mobile

Occasional Visitor
lifecsb

When Will it be available on other mobiles? android?