Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Squallseed3

Sky go on demand does nothing but buffer.

Just tried sky go for the first time...

I've put it on the xbox and am quite confused.

If I try to watch something on demand it will buffer for a good minute, then play for 1-3 seconds before stopping to buffer again... and this is just the adverts at the beginning... I havent made it to the actual film. It's also doing it if I try on the laptop. 

Now, admittedly the internet we have is quite poor and slow... But this makes no sense since Netflix, iPlayer, etc and even live streaming on Sky Go all work perfectlyw ithout a single stop to load.

Anyone know what is going on?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Re: Sky go on demand does nothing but buffer.

Hello Squallseed3.

I was sorry to read you are having issues with Sky Go on both your laptop and your Xbox.

Can you let me know if you have liked your Sky iD to your TV account?

If not please click on this link and follow the instructions.

Come back and let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Squallseed3

Yeah, I've done all that. It just seems really strange that it can't load an on demand video but works perfectly on the highest quality streams.

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Good afternoon Squaliseed3

Sorry that you are still having an issue with On Demand content buffering on your Xbox :-(

There are some troubleshooting steps on this link which may help and certainly wont do any harm.

You also mention that your broadband speed isn't the greatest, who is your broadband provider and what download speed do you get?

Get back to us when you can as we are as keen as you to get this resolved.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.