Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
zepherine

Sky go on Tesco HUDL

Hi - can you tell me when I'll be able to download the app for my new HUDL please. Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
rscott

Re: Sky go on Tesco HUDL

Not as yet - the tablet version of Sky Go is currently in beta testing. It should hopefully be available in early November.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
kippford

Four other 7" Android tablets are already supported.

Occasional Visitor
zepherine

Thank you - I will watch this space!

Occasional Visitor
Riley14

What are the other 4 7" android tablets that are supported with sky go?
Super User
rscott

Nexus 7 (both versions), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 & 3 (7" only) . See here for the full list of supported devices http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/sky-go/
Visitor
tosh1967

Hi when you say it will be available in early November which year were you talking about because we are on the 23rd of November and still no sign of it ?????
Super User
caesarome

tosh1967 wrote:
which year were you talking about because we are on the 23rd of November and still no sign of it ?????

Tuesday December 3rd is the date when you will see Sky Go on your device as stated here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-Android/Android-tablet-beta-trial-update/m-p/1467495#U1467495

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
srlj

From what I can gather sky had to put back the release date as they hit a problem with the beta. What the problem is I've no idea but that's my take on the reason its been pushed back.
Super User
rscott

I think the launch may also have been delayed until after KitKat was released for the nexus devices to give time for testing and any related bugfixes.
Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Hi folks, it's great to see the interest in Sky Go for Android tablets.

I have nothing further to add from what @srlj and @rscott have stated other than it's natural for release dates to be pushed back during beta testing depending on what the testing throws up - I appreciate you've all waited a while and I thank you for your patience on the matter. As previously stated by @caesarome, if all goes to plan, we're going to release the new Sky Go with additional tablet support on the 3rd of December - so not long now :smileyhappy:.

Let us know how you all get on with it.

Cheers,

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
srlj

By all accounts the testers have had a final update to their beta and if things go ok then this will be the app released on 3rd Dec. Well that is what people are saying on other forums and tech sites any way.
Community Coordinator
Kei+M

That's great news srlj, fingers crossed that there are no problems.

Cheers,

Kei.

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
srlj

Kei+M,
I'm not sure if this is the case as I've only read about it on other forums maybe you can find out if this is correct for us?
Super User
rscott

@srlj - The official statement from Sky confirming the release date is on this forum - http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-Android/Android-tablet-beta-trial-update/td-p/1467495