Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
pebbles2003

Re: Sky go not working on samsung galaxy tab 2 "it is not possible to play sky content whil

Well it's now working ! and we have done nothing except fill in a form via the private message system. So obviously sky resolved something. Perhaps you could update on this forum what had to be done so that others experiencing the same problem can get success.
Thank you
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Re: Sky go not working on samsung galaxy tab 2 "it is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming"

Hi pebbles2003,

Great to see that this is no longer an issue for you.  If you sent your details to the Escalation Team then they most likely had this raised with the appropriate team for resolution.

Please do feel free to make further posts on the forum should anything pop into your mind.

Thanks,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
IanHutch

Re: Sky go not working on samsung galaxy tab 2 "it is not possible to play sky content whil

Dear Sky Team

Skygo still won't work on my tablet. I have tried all the above mentioned on this thread (unistall / reinstall / reboot / turn off 3G on the app etc), but to no avail. As I said earlier, I don't understand how it thinks I'm roaming when my tablet doesn't have 3G capability.

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Re: Sky go not working on samsung galaxy tab 2 "it is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming"

Hi IanHutch,

This sounds like your tablet may have been assigned an IP address located outwith the UK - can you let me know who it is that provides you with your Broadband service?

Do you have this issue when trying to use Sky Go when connected to a different Wi-Fi name?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
IanHutch

Hi Garry

I have Sky broadband. The tablet was bought in this country from a high street retailer. I have only tried to use Skygo on it from my home WiFi.

If it helps, I am able to use my laptop to access skygo on the home WiFi.

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi again IanHutch,

If possible, just so we can be sure could you see if Sky Go works on your tablet when connecting to a different network?  Would you also be ok to send me an exact copy of the error message you get? Perhaps send me a screenshot on your next post?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
IanHutch

Hi Garry

I have tried skygo on nextdoors wifi and I still get the same error message

It reads

cannot connect to skygo

it is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming

Screenshot_2013-05-11-15-39-42.png

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi IanHutch,

Thanks very much for the screenshot and trying the app on another Wi-Fi network.

Could you let me know if there is a software update available for the tablet?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
IanHutch

Hi Garry

I found a newer version of the tablet software, so have installed that, rebooted, uninstalled skygo, rebooted, reinstalled skygo, and you've guessed it, I get exactly the same error message!

Regular Visitor
IanHutch

Hi Garry

Not sure exactly what i did, but it now works!

thanks for your help

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for checking for a software update and installing this for us, and to also update us to say that this issue is now resolved :smileyhappy:

It would be good to know what you did after this as it may help other customers who may be getting the same error as you did. Don't worry if you cant.

Hope to see you around more on the forum helping others out if you can, and also to ask any questions that you may have in the future.

Regards,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.