Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
samsung1977

Sky go keeps going blurry on sports

Why does sky sports on sky go via the xbox keep going blurry I've got 50 meg broadband from virgin.

Thanks for the help
Peter
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky go keeps going blurry on sports

Is there a setting on the xbox version like there is on the PC version for the picture quality, if there is then change it to "high".

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
samsung1977

No on sky sports it's go auto only
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi samsung1977,

It may seem like a strange question but can I ask how big the TV is that you are watching it on?

Also is it blurry all the time or only if the image is fast moving?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
samsung1977

No it's the quality that keeps changing going from smooth to a blurry picture
Frequent Visitor
samsung1977

On sky sports 1 it gives me auto quality only where on uk gold I can pick low mid or high and the auto keeps changing quality
erritty

You're not the only person who is getting really poor quality on xbox 360 with a virgin cable broadband.  

I have a 30mb/s connection that whenever i test it - including during the games - is atleast greater than 20mb/s.  I am convinced that the problem is with Sky who maybe do not have enough capacity to stream at high quality at peak times.  It's really disappointing to say the least.

My friend experiences the exact same with a 50mb/s connection.

Come on Sky, why have a service that cannot meet the demands?  It's becoming unwatchable for football matches.

Occasional Visitor
smoothfringe

I have enjoyed games on sports of an evening with no trouble such as spanish league however watching the premiership games I always have the blurry picture problem where it becomes unwatchable, also it seems to buffer every few mins where as it has not with the spanish evening games. I think it is a SKY issue.

any suggestions? cheers

Occasional Visitor
Furryhobnob

I too have this problem and have 20mb broadband through fibre-optic, trying to watch the footy is nigh on useless, I might aswell rub Vaseline into my eyes, the picture quality while trying to watch man u vs Chelsea last week was the worst I've seen it, nearly every game I try to watch from the premiership is like this, only way I could tell which team were which was because Chelsea were in blue and man u in red, I couldn't even see the ball it was that blurry, also kept buffering, come on sky if your going to provide a service at least make it half watchable! I dread the days they bring out sky sports hd via sky player(if that ever happens)!!!
Occasional Visitor
vickie85

still havent fixed this, constantly going from very low quality, to medium to high, rinse and repeat constantly. Is it a bug? can you get this fixed please its horrendous......or let us change the automatic quality settings