Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
SivadEkim

Re: Sky go for Windows Phone 7?

I've been a Sky subscriber since it's original release! A 'Pioneer'. I now need Sky Go on my WP7! Please!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dpc1066

Another disgruntled HD7 user adding their name here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
SkyBloke

I was told by a Sky telephone support person that an App for Windows Phone 7.5 would be released. If this is not the case then Virgin and BT Vision are starting to to look tempting to me, a £100 / month customer of long standing.

Just not good enough Sky - all future apps on all platforms please.

Occasional Visitor
altitude2k

Yep, add me to this list. The lack of official SkyGo and Sky+ apps for WP7 is a poor show from Sky. It's not as if MS has made it difficult to write apps...

Occasional Visitor
richlittle

we need thia on wp7 PLEASE.

Staff (Retired)
StacieB

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts regarding Sky Go for Windows 7 mobiles. I can advise that we have no set plans to release Sky Go for Windows 7 mobiles.

Thanks.

Contributor
davold

[ Edited ]

65 replies and over 3000 views. Surely that proves there is a customer base for Windows Phone Sky Go which will continue to grow as more Nokia handsets sell and Windows 8 comes out for tablets and phones next year.

Get it sorted Sky please!

Frequent Visitor
SAS1

StacieB will you pass on the massive interest in this from customers, at present I would settle for a remote record app being released.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Red7

Dissapointing that there is np Sky+ app on this platform and that my new Titan with its large screen there is no Skygo - get your finger out Sky

Occasional Visitor
DaveBBB

Another one for the list. I own a Nokia Lumia and I'm with Orange. Orange plug Sky Sports as one of their "Swappables" but since Sky have no interest in supporting Windows Phone 7 it means no support for Nokia and no support for their own partner Orange.

I'm not usually cynical and try to steer clear of the conspiracy theories but I have to admit it seems very odd that Sky have no intention of supporting one of the major mobile phone platforms, one which is growing fast and one which is superbly designed for providing high speed media content.

Is this cost cutting, appeasing business partners or lack of market understanding that is leading this decision?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Folks, 

We hear you loud and clear, there has been a massive amount of interest surrounding Sky Go on Mobile and Tablet devices. While we cannot provide any information, we do pass all comments and requests on.

There are many different devices running different OS versions with differing hardware capabilities out there that it does take time for us to examine, develop and test any application to ensure we give customers the best experience possible We also want to ensure we offer a consistant service and experience across these platforms, this is really challenging thing to do.

Rest assured though, as soon as we hear any news we will post it for the community, however at present the focus is on the Android app and improving the iOS app. If we can get this right then hopefully apps for other popular devices can be looked at.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
Stu+Jones

To be far there are only 3 main OS platforms in the UK and Win Phone 7 at least has the advantage that all handsets use the same OS Ver regardless of make and model. so it should take less time, dev and testing than Android will. Why not get the easier one out the way at the same time? Not like Sky hasn't got enough of my and your money to do it. iOS isn't as big an OS in user base as the adds make out. of course it's users are more likely to blow money. But as a free extra to a sky package. That shouldn't matter. And apparently MS are offering to help with app dev. They are trying to make it easy as poss for all

Visitor
Grem

Another dissapointed user .... I saw the lumia 800 eats and breaths silverlight and thought any developer with half a brain cell could make it work with sky go .... but no .... cart before the horse unless you are an apple geek .... get it sorted sky or else I walk .... I need the phone and its apps ....  wake up and smell the coffee!

Frequent Visitor
SAS1

I see Sky launched an app for Sky Sports today - the load screen shows SkyGo.

Really I would settle for a remote recording app for now, surely this could be a quick release and win for Sky?

Contributor
microcat36

[ Edited ]

Robert, are you seriously trying to say that Apple have not paid sky for exclusive use of Sky Go just now :smileylol:, even though it has been raised on the forum a lot, the deafening silence from Sky speaks volumes about the real reasons for the lack of Win 7 and android versions of Sky Go.

Why just for once can Sky not be up front with their customers and tell them the real reasons for the delayed implementation and the dropping of Media centre integration :smileysad: