Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Jackson10

Sky go for Amazon kindle fire tablet?

Hi I'm just wondering if sky go will be available to download and watch on my new amazon kindle fire hd tablet that uses the android market, I have per ordered? This is kind of key as one of the main reasons i ordered it was to watch sky go, like on my I phone?!
If anyone can help with this I would be extremely grateful

Regards
Chris
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky go for Amazon kindle fire tablet?

Sorry but Sky Go will not work on any Amazon Kindle Tablet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Jackson10

What is sky's reason for this? Does sky go not work on any android tablet then?
Super User
caesarome

Jackson10 wrote:
Does sky go not work on any android tablet then?

Yes sadly Sky Go will not work on any tablet for reasons most of us don't understand:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/sky-go-on-android/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
Brock123

Sky seem to be working on the basis that Android apps need to be developed individually for each make and model of phone or tablet.  So, just to make sure, they hard code the app to only run on a handful of the most popular phones, and no tablets at all, because no-one buys them (they think).

Then as a final insult, they ensure the app won't run on the latest versions of the Operating System, only releasing an app for the current version when its outdated and we've moved onto the next version of the OS.

Fortunately Netflix, iplayer and ITV player work, as they're not developed by people who are completely incompetent.

------------------------------------------------
Android version of "Sky News for iPad" please - we did it for Sky Go, don't stop there!
Occasional Visitor
Pretty+woman

I have sky go and sky sports on my ipad . They are excellent.  Wanted to buy my son a kindle fire but he wants sky sports on it, seeing as you cant get it i wont bother. .  I think the kindle fire looks great apart from this.

Visitor
whocares1

I tried last night, with my new Kindle Fire HD.  What a let down!

It is the precise reason for purchasing!

I managed BBC but nothing else, so far!

It did say, when trying skygo, that I had no devices and that I had to go through Google play (all foreign territory).  gave up ver ylate on!

Shambles.  All that money I pay to sky...

Visitor
Nedbor

I see that Kobo is listed. Doesn't that have same kind of system?
Occasional Visitor
Mike+Sim

I was given a kindle Fire HD for Xmas. Tried yesterday to download Sky Go which I managed until it told me I needed Microsoft Silverlight to be installed. Couldn't seem to find a download suitable!
Visitor
Nedbor10

Sky Go works with Kobo so I am told. Come on Kindle get your finger out.!!
dsg
Contributor
dsg

It's nothing to do with Kindle, or rather Amazon, but is entirely down to Sky who have chosen not to support the device, along with a host of other Android devices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: An allegation is an assertion of fact. Anything posted above is merely an expression of opinion and contains no allegations, unproven, unfounded or otherwise.
Occasional Visitor
Tilly+Mint+2013

Searched for iplayer on my Kindle Fire and it says 'your device is not able to support BBC iplayer, how do you get it?

Thanks

Super User
caesarome

Tilly+Mint+2013 wrote:

Searched for iplayer on my Kindle Fire and it says 'your device is not able to support BBC iplayer, how do you get it?

You would have to ask the BBC about their iplayer as the Sky people are not going to be able to help you with this.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
klenzza

its not available coz amazon wont cough up a sweetner to fat cats at sky

Occasional Visitor
Mike+Sim

I have been able to get iPlayer working go my Kindle. You also need BBC media player to be downloaded as well. Hole this helps.