Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
chr15g1979
Accepted Solution

Sky go error t6000 / c4110

First thing's first, why is that I have posted this question now three times and on two previous occasions it has disappeared? Any reason for this? I've had no notification to say that it has broken house rules or anything.

So far I believe I have tried ALL of the trouble shooting and FAQs suggested in previous posts; removing and reinstalling silverlight, rolling back silverlight to a previous version, deleting the PlayReady folder contents, tried different browsers - as far as I know I've done everything. IE9 is the browser of choice, but I have tried with current versions of Chrome and Firefox.

When I try to watch anything via the Sky Go site I continually get the message "apologies, etc..." with the error code T:6000 / C:4110. The issue has been on the PC since 26/11/2012. Sky Go settings shows that the PC that I am using is a registered device, but has a nice red box telling me that it isn't. Figure that one out.

incidentally I can just about get Go Desktop to operate, but only if I right click and run as an administrator - even though the user account should have administrator rights. I do wonder if this is connected.

As I type this I have tried this with IE and it strangely has the same effect with it seeming to work if I open it in the same manner. Chrome works too. Running IE normally again fails to work.

So the question is... why would this be, what could have changed and how can I resolve it??

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
John-B

Re: Sky go error t6000 / c4110

Hi chr15g1979,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Forum.

It does seem as though you have exhausted the troubleshooting options, I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Regards

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
chr15g1979

[ Edited ]

Wooo Hoo! I fixed it!

Whilst the Sky tech guy on the phone was quite helpful it was pretty clear that we were getting no-where. The 'run as adminstrator' idea above does temporarily resolve the problem for that one instance, but close IE and you're back to the beginning and its not a solution if you've got user level control set up for some users of the PC.

My solution was however found by complete chance and may not necessarily fix it for all issues and error codes. Seeing as I can't get to the bottom from anyone at Sky as to what this specific code means it may be that this is just one of the many solutions that resolves the variety of issues.

The solution I came up with was the re-installation of the PlayReady PC runtime. From what I can tell this is the stand-alone module that is NOT part of the Silverlight installation (and subsequent re-installations) but is a required part that deals soley with the DRM management. Whilst there is many a reference to the hidden \program data\playready folder and its single DRM file contents, no-where has there been a suggestion that PlayReady is a program in its own right. Re-installed it from the the Microsoft site and away we go.

You may need to Google it if the link below doesn't work. Ensure that you use the proper Microsoft site; and there are versions for both 32bit and 64bit windows. Don't know if this is relevant to the Mac.

Playready Runtime 32bit

Playready Runtime 64bit

I'm no IT expert at all, and I make no guarantees that this works for everyone. It did for me, and I would hope that this does actually help some others.

Community Coordinator
jason-d

Good Morning chr15g1979,

Thanks for coming back onto the Sky Help Forum and providing an update regarding your issue.

We are delighted to hear that you have had this resolved and hope your advice can help other members of the community who are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks again,
jason-d
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
my+solution

Does anyone know the Mac version of PlayReady download. I would like to give this a try.
Sky advisers kept telling me to uninstall but it is not on my computer to uninstall so maybe this would work for me on a mac.
Did not have a problem until updates were made.
Occasional Visitor
KittyG

I downloaded the 32bit and now my laptop streams live tv! yay! thanks.... we'll see how long it lasts :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
bonzabayblue

Fixed my fault  Thank you.

Occasional Visitor
meterman

Many Thanks to member  chr151979, your fix did the trick for me.

You are a star.

Occasional Visitor
Conte+Crux

This absolutely works.. Kudos dude.
I was trying to sort this for hours!! :smileyhappy:

Sky, take note.. You need a clear banner on sky go saying: 'Problems watching shows? Try installing Playready PC standalone program.