Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
geneticdan

Sky code for EVOTEL ELCD32USB (REV.8R)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been searching high and low and reading threads almost every month for a working Sky code for this model of Evotel LCD TV to no avail.

I have searched everywhere on SKY, Google and numerous other threads.

I have contacted DOG Retail (who apparently own Matsui) and also Evotel direct who haven't responded.

I have tried ALL BUSH codes and ALL MATSUI codes, even those not for a similar model.

I have also tried all the other possible suggestions from other threads and forums and also tried the '999' code first , which also didn't work.

There are a few threads on Sky forums which are similar but often slightly different to my problem.

Sky + (non HD) box = Amstrad DRX280

Sky Remote = urc 1651-00R01 (3RC32B-1163) Sky+ rev.8R

TV = EVOTEL ELCD32USB

remotes

Please help.

Kind regards

Dan

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: Sky code for EVOTEL ELCD32USB (REV.8R)

Is this a Genuine Sky remote. (Direct from sky) or a 3rd party?

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

This thread suggests 2589 with a Rev.9 Remote.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Remotes-Accessories/evotel-remote-code-elcd32usbfhd/m-p/97983#M361

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
geneticdan

[ Edited ]

Hi, as far as I am aware it's a genuine one. Why do you ask?

Here's the front of the remote.

Occasional Visitor
geneticdan

This route does not work.

As mentioned I have a REV.8R remote.

I do not wish to purchase a REV.9 one

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Yes looks genuine.

i asked because i bought a "genuine" remote off ebay for my box but its wasn't a genuine one from sky. it was made by a 3rd party so therefore none of the remote codes would work because it hadn't been programmed into the remote.

try this

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

put your remote as rev9 theres is quite a few codes one may possibly work

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Super User
kato

geneticdan wrote:

This route does not work.

As mentioned I have a REV.8R remote.

I do not wish to purchase a REV.9 one

Sometimes you need to upgrade to the latest remote with the latest codes.That thread  suggested this is what you need to do.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

I have also just noticed The ELCD32USB is the number on the remote. if you look at the side/back of your tv you should see a label with the Tv Model Number. this is what you need.

The ELCD32USB looks like it could be the remote model number

Super User
Stantheman2k12

heres some codes for you to try

Matsui codes: 003, 004, 009, 013, 019, 025, 026, 027, 028, 030, 051, 062 068, 091, 099, 123, 147, 148, 164, 169, 173, 180, 215.

Occasional Visitor
geneticdan

Stantheman2k12 wrote:

I have also just noticed The ELCD32USB is the number on the remote. if you look at the side/back of your tv you should see a label with the Tv Model Number. this is what you need.

The ELCD32USB looks like it could be the remote model number

The code is exactly the same as the television.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Sorry my Mistake just googled it. i've done that mistake before so thought would double check

Occasional Visitor
geneticdan

Stantheman2k12 wrote:

heres some codes for you to try

Matsui codes: 003, 004, 009, 013, 019, 025, 026, 027, 028, 030, 051, 062 068, 091, 099, 123, 147, 148, 164, 169, 173, 180, 215.

Those codes don't work sorry.

I'm sure I have tried them before too.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Sorry I'm out of ideas. The only thing i can suggest now is to purchase one of the rev 9 remotes which should have your tv remote code programmed into it

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi geneticdan, 

If you have been through all the codes available for your make of TV, it means at present we do not have a code available or that your remote control needs to be replaced with a newer one for the code to work. 

Sky only have two codes that have been confirmed to work with an evotel TV, but they require the latest version of remote control, this is currently version 9. The codes that we have confirmed to work are 2587 and 2589, and we have been advised that 2312 may also work an evotel TV. 

I also wanted to thank Stantheman2k12 for trying to assist you on this thread.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Stam6

Hi I've just got a sky+hd box and used the code 2589, also followed the on screen instructions via sky active.