Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
debs1487

Sky catch up

When I go on demand there is no catch up or showcase. I had it couple a days a go but has disappeared, I have resetted the network settings, can record, phone line is working. Why has is disappeared?
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky catch up

Try rebooting your box at the mains, leave it off for 4 minutes then wait 5 minutes after pwering it back up. If they are still not back try a planner rebuild:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Recording-Playback/Sky-HD-System-Fault/ta-p/583396

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
daisymoomoo13

We have the same problem, on demand only shows 5 films available and nothing else! We have tried the re-boot and no joy.

Any ideas?

Contributor
debs1487

I've rebooted it and still not working, that's like mine as well but only have 3 films
Contributor
debs1487

Just checked again I have more program's to watch but no show case and catch up tv????
Staff (Retired)
Fraser-H

Hi debs1487,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to read of the problems you have faced lately when trying to view content through the On Demand menu. Can you let us know if you have attempted the planner rebuild as posted by caesarome above?

If you have and it has not helped, then please can you try the steps listed here as this will make sure that your box is running with the most up to date version of software.

Please let us know if it helps at all by replying to my post.

Thanks

daisymoomoo13

Hi Sky Support 

I am having the same issue and I have done the reboot and the rebuild as per the link and have had some of the services resume - however I still do not have catch-up.

Any advice, ideas?

Viv

Staff (Retired)
Fraser-H

Hi daisymoomoo13,

Thank you for coming back to us with this.

I'm sorry to read that you appear to be having some issues with your On Demand service. It sounds as if the connection between your box and your broadband router has been lost and this is why you are not able to see the full On Demand menus. What we would ask you to try is to reset the network connection that you have set up at the moment. To do this, if you can:

• Press the 'Services' button on your remote control which will display the 'Options' tab.
  • Then press the right arrow which will take you to the 'Settings' menu.
  • If you can now press the down arrow to highlight 'Picture', then scroll to the right until you have highlighted 'Network' and press 'Select'.
  • And finally press the red button on the remote control this will reset the connection. you will then be required to re-establish the connection between your box and your router. If you are connecting wirelessly, this will mean you have to enter the password for your router.

If you can let us know if this helps at all by replying ot my post once you have given the steps listed a try.

Thanks

daisymoomoo13

Hi

This is one of the things we have already done!

Viv

Staff (Retired)
GRF4784

Hey daisymoomoo,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell us if you are entering the Network Key of your router in to the Sky+HD box exactly as it's shown on your router? These Key's are normally case sensitive so if they are entered wrong then you won't connect.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Contributor
debs1487

Hi I have also rebooted and resetted it doing what you have suggested and still nothing. I haven't been putting any network codes in.
Staff (Retired)
GRF4784

Hey debs1487,

Thanks for posting.

If you're not entering your Network Key(router password)then you won't be able to connect to your Sky+HD box, you will normally find it on the bottom of your router and should enter it in to the Sky box exactly as it's shown.

Cheers,

Contributor
debs1487

It says I am connected that's the thing, says network is fine, telephone connected etc
Contributor
debs1487

Where would I enter it anyway?
Staff (Retired)
Joss-91

Hi debs1487,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You would enter the Network Key in the Network menu when establishing a connection.

Can I just check do you have a wired or wireless connection between the box and the router? Have you checked the Broadband Network Connection in the box?

You can do this by:

1. Using the Sky remote, press the services button.
  2. Press the select button.
  3. Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight Customise.
  4. Press the select button.
  5. Press the down arrow button to highlight Broadband Network Connection.
  6. Press the left/right arrow buttons to change the setting to On.
  7. Press the green button to save the settings.

Also can I get you to check our 'Fix problems with On Demand' article as this has further info on both wireless and wired connection troubleshooting.

If you could get back to me and let me know how you get on I'll be happy to help further.

Cheers,