Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
starky1977
Accepted Solution

Sky card not authorised message

Hello,

I recently wrote about how I had Sky+ installed but was getting the error message "no satellite signal being received". I had an engineer out today who tested my system (I live in flats) and he says i am getting signal now. The engineer then left and told me to call Sky and activate the card (which I had already done 3 weeks ago when the box was put in).

So the error message has changed from no satellite signal being receive to activate card. I called Sky and they activated the card but i still get the same message. However I do get channel 501, 502 and some other news channels.

The Sky operator ran through systems testing again and he left it by saying that its my satellite signal still even though the screen says it is my card and the engineer says I am getting a signal. I asked Sky to then cancel my account as I was angry and confused.

I would love to not have to cancel but I don't understand what is wrong with my box? Can anyone help?

Incidentally we also opted for ESPN and that channel says to contact your braodcaster.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

Re: Sky card not authorised message

Sounds liek they have the wrong details on the sky side of things, or the veiwing card itself may be faulty, i know it means another phone call but it would be worth your while calling up and asking them to check if your card details are correct ( you would press servcies and go into system details to see them and call them out over the phone) and the advisor would check again the details on the system, if not correc tthen they need to change them and problem solved, if correct then may need new viewing card out there to yourself !
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
starky1977

Thanks Skytime. So if there message coming up says it is the card then it definately won't be the sattelite?

I do get the message no satellite signal for Channels 1,2,3 and 4 - there is no channel 5 but then the channels after that get the message about the card not authorised.

Thanks

Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

Hmm well if the engineer said the signal should be ok then it sugests that its the box/card thats the issue and since new box more than likely the card! - from the issues i experienced working for sky in the past its the repair card thing that seems to cause allot of issues from not being completed properly or else jsut a tiny mistake when tying in the system details ! defintiely worth a call !
Regular Visitor
starky1977

I will call them again tonight and see what they say.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

If you are on a single feed in your flat, the activation signal may not reach your box if it is actually being used at the time the signal is sent out.  On a twin feed, the second tuner in the digibox receives commands from Sky on the Default Transponder, even as the box is being used to watch Sky channels.  If your box is in Single Feed Mode, and being used when the commands are sent out, your viewing card cannot be updated, as the only tuner available is being used already.

When you speak to Sky later, make sure the box is in standby mode, that way there's a chance the card can be updated.

Aside from that, you may also have a communal system fault from what you say.  Does anybody else in the building have similar issues with 'No Satellite Signal' messages?