Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
BuntyG

Sky+ box with only one cable from dish?

Hi

We have multiroom and our second box is our old sky+ box which we connected to the existing (single) cable when we moved into our house. We kept getting no signal messages intermittently so we had a sky engineer out to look at the box a couple of months ago and he got it working again, but it still does the same thing. Now a friend tells me it should have two cables connected and that's why we're having problems with it. The engineer didn't say anything about this so I'm not sure what to do. We have Sky Protect but will it cover us to have this sorted out? 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Sky+ box with only one cable from dish?

If you still have no signal issues call Sky protect.

The reason to have two cables is this will allow you to record two programmes at once and watch something from the planner at the same time.I doubt SP would do this under your insurance cover but they may do it as a chargeable upgrade.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: Sky+ box with only one cable from dish?

[ Edited ]

BuntyG wrote:

Hi

We have multiroom and our second box is our old sky+ box which we connected to the existing (single) cable when we moved into our house. We kept getting no signal messages intermittently so we had a sky engineer out to look at the box a couple of months ago and he got it working again, but it still does the same thing. Now a friend tells me it should have two cables connected and that's why we're having problems with it. The engineer didn't say anything about this so I'm not sure what to do. We have Sky Protect but will it cover us to have this sorted out? 

There is nothing that is faulty on your setup that requires a Sky Protect callout.  You only have a single cable.  Sky+ requires two.  That is the one-and-only reason you keep getting 'No Satellite Signal' messages.  I'm surprised the clown of an installer did not make this clear to you. 

Get another cable run from the dish to your Sky+ box.  Sky ( not Sky Protect ) can do this for you for £65, or get a local company to do the job.

In the meantime, connect your single cable to Dish Input 1 at the back of the box.  Until you have a second cable run, your Sky+ functions will continue to be limited.