Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Archie2
Accepted Solution

Sky and faulty replacement router cost

Hi,

Over the weekend I spent a couple of hours with Sky technical support only to find my Sky wireless router was faulty. After borrowing one from a friend I was able to get back online and I'm still using this.

Having traced the fault, I was told that I could order a new wireless router from Sky but I would have to pay the cost of the replacement.

I have been using the original Sky router since joining sky in 2008 and I pay around £70.00 per month for the full TV/BROADBAND package.

I however feel I'm being cheated by Sky when being asked to pay for a new router.

Would you agree to this?

I think that I may look to changing my provider as I'm beginning to think that as someone on a pension I could get a better service elsewhere!!

Archie2

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: Sky and faulty replacement router cost

Speak to cancellations, They have access to more offers and discounts. :smileyhappy:

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Archie2

Thanks for the reply Stantheman2k12.

I have sent you a private message.

Archie2 

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Replied :smileywink:
If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Visitor
Archie2

Hi Stan,

No luck I' m afraid, I called and asked when I could cancel my contract and the gentleman told me I'd be OK to cancel within thirty days without incurring any further payments. He asked my reasons for wishing to cancel and when told my reason he agreed with me that he fully understood my reason for wishing to do so!!

I guess I'm not very good at complaining ( I've been told this often).

I think cancelling will be my best option.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me.

Archie2

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Sent you another PM :smileyvery-happy:

Occasional Visitor
Princesonline

[ Edited ]

They are ripping you off. They cant expect you to pay for a replacement product when they insist you use their routers. I would call back and state the following... "If you are not willing to let me use a different type of router and unwilling to replace a faulty router that you provide then i will go to trading standards as the equipment you have provided is not fit for its purpose".

Stupid thing is , they tried this with me over a sky hd box , it took 4 weeks and to speak to one of the top bosses to get it solved. The <Removed> who lied to me and spoke to me like i was stupid lost his job.

Occasional Visitor
Princesonline

Oh and i got £200 compensation and 12 months free sky tv for my trouble. Stick with it and COMPLAIN!!!!

Occasional Visitor
davidking

Could'nt agree more.

Over 4 hours of inane drival from the help desk.

I knew it was the router all along.

Replacement costs £38 and I'm paying SKY circa £100 per month.

Very poor service and I too feel cheated.

Visitor
Archie2

Hi t David,

After complaining several times to the broadband dept. I was eventually sent a brand new wireless router free of charge.

All I can suggest is for you to do the same and hopefully, you will get one as well.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Hi Archie. Send David the private messages I sent you.

And David. Please update me.

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
fontaine64

hi

i had same problem and spoke to cancellatoins

i asked for a manager and said that if i havve a faulty sky router then i cannot subscribe to sky broadband and shall be forced to go elsewhere

they gave me a complimentrary one within 3 days

Occasional Visitor
jay+notts

hi people.

i had this problem a few months ago, i just rang up, said i think the router has gone dodgy and they sent me a new one through the post,  no hassle or anything, maybe it just depends on what mood the person is in,  :smileyhappy:  ive not been in contract for any services for months.  also have u seen the offers tesco have,  seem rather good,

Occasional Visitor
Maxayrton

Just reading these messages & noting the number of people getting free replacement routers - I was told I would need to pay the £35 & nobody had authority to give me a replacement free of charge.

I pay well over £100 per month for tv (multiroom & HD), phone & broadband.

Decided if I can't have a free one I'll simply wait my time & move to Virgin or BT, who I'm sure would be happy to receive my custom.

Sky only seem to want my money, without wishing to show me any loyalty.

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi Maxayrton

Nice to catch your 1st post on the Sky Forum 

Can you yell us what Router you have at the moment?

You can upgrade to the new N Router, this does cost £35 plus p&p

Thanks 

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.