Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
AntRo

Sky Wireless Connector will not Connect to my orange Brightbox

I cant connect my sky wireless connector to my orange bright box, I have looked on the forum and there is advice on the light box but not the bright box.  I have logged into the router and turned off the password and it will still not connect, also I cant find the multiplexing method as I don't have ADSL settings heading for the router, any advice as to what i should change on the router would be greatly appreciated.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Karen666

I've just tried to connect my router to my BT broadband a...

I've just tried to connect my router to my BT broadband and the password is not being recognised.  Connection otherwise is now problem as I am typing this now on my laptop which is connected by wireless.

I wonder if this is a common problem when trying to connect to On Demand by wireless set up?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kat-S

Re: Sky Wireless Connector will not Connect to my orange Brightbox

Good afternoon AntRo and welcome to our Sky Forum,

Firstly so we can try and help with your On Demand problem can you go to your My Sky and check that the service is showing as active? 

If it showing as active can you follow these steps:-

1. Select services on your Sky remote control

2. Go to settings

3. Select network (this is in the middle of the page on your box on your television)

4. Press the red button on your remote control, this will re-set your wireless connection between your box and the wireless connector

5. Put in your router password again

Once the above steps have been completed try getting onto your On Demand service.

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Kat-S
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
AntRo

Kat,

Firstly when I go to network my router is not listed. My network is called Han, Ant & Bella, the strongest singnal is listed as Network 1, I tried connecting to this with my password with no joy so I went into my router setting and turned the security off and Network 1 has lost the little lock next to the name, I selected it and I still get the message Problem connecting to network please check your settings and re-enter your password, I am typing this emil from a computer connected to the router, so I can connect to the router, there is also an unprotected network that I have connected to and that works, but that is definately not mine.  Is there something I need to change in my router settings?

Thanks,

Anthony

Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi AntRo,

Thank you for providing us with this information.

If you are using a non-Sky Broadband router, if you can have a look at the following page and try the steps listed as they can often help with this issue.

Thanks

Visitor
AntRo

Fraser,

I have already been to that page before I started to post, I have an orange Brightbox and I can't find the Multiplexing method, I have searched the router help and it's not there.  Do you have any other suggestions of settings that I need to change?

Do you work for sky?  If so Is there a specific technical department that I should direct my questions?

Regards,

Anthony

Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi AntRo,

Thanks for letting us know that you have tried that previously.

It may be worth speaking with your broadband supplier if they know of any way to enable this as we cannot offer any further support when it comes to enabling your router, assuming this is what is causing the problem.

Have you tried performing a planner rebuild as this can resolve this problem on occasion? 

All community co-ordinators are indeed employed by Sky. All the steps we ask you to try are the same as you would have to do over the phone.

Thanks