Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Steve.the.B

Sky Wireless Connector and BT Infinity (Home Hub 3)

I just purchased the Sky Wireless Connector to enable us to use Anytime+. I've followed the installation in the manual and the Connector can see my wireless network, but it will not connect.

I have tried both automatic and manual configuration, but each time I try and connect it just says "There was an error making the connection". My laptop makes a connection fine while sat right next to the Sky Wireless Connector, so I'm 100% sure there's good signal where the Connector is.

Has anyone else had issues connecting to the BT Home Hub 3 or BT Infinity? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: Sky Wireless Connector and BT Infinity (Home Hub 3)

Hi Steve.the.B,

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the community :smileyhappy:

When you are entering the network key, are you making sure that the letters are exactly the same (capitals where capitals are in the password)? Also, if you have changed the default password for the router, are you able to change it back to the default one and connect up Anytime+?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Steve.the.B

Anne,

I spent some time last night and reset my router and started configuration of the Sky Connector from scratch and it's now working as expected. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Steve.

Contributor
neilt

postman just delivered my connector it finds my wifi highlite it and enter password but it

says same as yours please check connection etc. and try again i have but still nothing

other things connect easily printer, mobile, pc what could it be please

Occasional Visitor
Agricola48

I have the same problem still not sorted.I was given instructions over the phone,the Digital Box was rebooted this took about 20 minutes I spoke to another engineer.Still no luck.Sky are putting the blame on BT saying that they are having trouble all over the country with Homehub3.I will contact BT Ido not see why I should as it is all costing me money and time.    

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

@Agricola48

Welcome to the forum.

I stopped using the WiFi in my HH3 as it is poor, I use a separate 802.11n WiFi Access Point from Edimax and have no issues also the signal strength is much better. I have heard in a few placed that BTs HH3 WiFi does not work as good as their ads suggest :smileysad:

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Occasional Visitor
Agricola48

I'am back again have got my on demand working.I complained to BT they told me to reset my Home Hub 3. I then had a problem mith my IPad lost my connection. I then contacted BT again they changed my password on my home hub.I still could not get a connection.the gentleman at BT told me he would send me something that would help me to get on demand.I got a small parcel to day it contained two power adapters one ethernet cable.I connected these up as per instructions the bingo I have got on demand now my sky wireless is redundant.
Super User
Annie+UK

Agricola48 wrote:
I'am back again have got my on demand working.I complained to BT they told me to reset my Home Hub 3. I then had a problem mith my IPad lost my connection. I then contacted BT again they changed my password on my home hub.I still could not get a connection.the gentleman at BT told me he would send me something that would help me to get on demand.I got a small parcel to day it contained two power adapters one ethernet cable.I connected these up as per instructions the bingo I have got on demand now my sky wireless is redundant.

This is so you don't have to use BTs buggy WiFi.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).