Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Sky Talk Troubleshooting

[ Edited ]

We understand that people sometimes experience issues with their phone not working. If you experience any issues with your phone line please check the status page here first to see if we know of an issue in your area. If there is nothing listed please follow the troubleshooting guide here. It may restore your service and save you having to contact us. If the problems do persist after troubleshooting let us know via the Contact Us link at the top of this page.

The troubleshooting is intended to eliminate problems we cannot help with such as faulty extension wiring beyond the master socket or faulty telephone equipment. If the issue is caused by extension wiring beyond your master socket or relates to equipment you have connected to the line then you would need to have this repaired or replaced.

If an issue is raised to our second level support or a local engineer for further investigation the time scale is usually in the region of 2 to 5 working days depending on the issue and location. We will contact you if further information or access to your property is required. After the fault is resolved you will be contacted directly by us.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
KEVIN+DRUMMOND

Re: Sky Talk Troubleshooting

are sky treating my case as urgent if so when will my phone be working?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Visitor
north+1

Tried the help advised on troubleshoot and no help, even sent an email, solution....... Phone..... but my phone has no dial tone dear sky dear sky.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi KEVIN+DRUMMOND, I can't answer account specific queries on here as personal information cannot be posted.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Powerhoofer

No dial tone here absolute in competance by sky not to even acknowledge e-mails and telling us to phone .How ridiculous when we have no phone to call from grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Occasional Visitor
mr.+unhappy

im having the same problem, i went and bought new dsl filters and a brand nbew phone thinking i had a problem with the phone but instead, no dial tone. sky sort this out!!!!

Occasional Visitor
mr.+unhappy

are they ignorinbg emails? they better not be. i have sent them an email asking for a sky engineer to come out as i do not have3 a dial tone, i tried everything, bought a new phone, new dsl filters the lot- and stilll no dial tone not even on a corded phone!!!! i havent got a landline to call them from if they dont answer my emails i will be calling them up to leave them- simplke as that!! bloody disgusting!!

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi mr.+unhappy, Our advisors are doing their best to answer e-mails as quickly as possible however the recent weather issues have created a backlog, this is a busy time of the year for our teams.

The best advice would be to contact the Sky Talk Customer Help team by phone on 08442 411 736. An engineer visit cannot be arranged by e-mail for phone line issues. Simply because mandatory statements may be involved and line tests need to be run after full troubleshooting steps are followed.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
raleigh

My telephone has not worked since December 22nd. No dialling tone,no inward or outward calls although

a caller hears  the ringing tone giving rise to the assumption that there is no one at home.

I find your troubleshooting guide most confusing , more of an avoid the issue guide.

Not having a phone over Christmas has been both an inconvenience and an embarrasssment as we

promised to call friends both home and abroad on Christmas.

I am now seriously considering leaving Sky Talk and Broadband for a more customer friendly provider.

E.O'Sullivan

Occasional Visitor
wakekt

Hiya

We switched both BT phone and AOL broadband to Sky on 20 Dec 2010. Broadband is OK. Phone is a nightmare. We have phoned nearly every other day to try to sort out the phone. We have been able to make calls for about the last 10 days but only one family member has been able to call us. So friends and other family members call they can hear ringing, but we hear nothing. We changed handsets - it's not the handset. We have never been phoned back, even though Sky says they have logged call backs with our mobile number but said they got no reply and no voice mail service - rubbish!! We have been given various reasons why the line is not working, main one being a fault at the exchange.

Today's info is the last straw. We have been told that the "tie pairs" at the exchange are incorrect and are under review by BT and that nothing will be done until 20/1/11. So we missed all Xmas and New Year calls. We have elderly family members who contact us on the land line when they need to due to cost. We will now be contacting other service providers to see if they can do better - if they come thru before the 20/1/11 then we know we've been continually misinformed by Sky.

No one is able to tell us why it is only one number that is able to get thru - any ideas? A response to this message would be nice with some answers.

Occasional Visitor
robin+red+breast

i have had no voice mail since Dec 12,hav made 6 calls to your call dep,t

each time ,same answer ,YOUR LINE WILL BE ON IN 72 HOURS ,latest call

thursday last, we are putting a new line in ,give us 24 hours ,still no connection

WHERE ARE YOU MAKING THE CONNECTION,INDIA/??????

WE NEED VOICE MAIL FOR THE HOSPITAL BOOKING ,

2 LOST APPOINTMENTS

HELP

Occasional Visitor
steve1979

i also have problems with my phone but reading thru everyones messages looks like its best i just look for another provider

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi steve1979, if you have tried the troubleshooting steps outlined in the first post on this thread you will need to contact the Sky Talk Customer Help team to raise a fault for investigation. We cannot assist with account specific issues as personal details cannot be posted on the forum.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
kathy+kennedy

[ Edited ]

PLEASE HELP.  MY TELEPHONE LINE IS NOT WORKING.  CANNOT DIAL IN OR OUT.  I HAVE MY VERY SICK 90 YEAR OLD MOTHER LIVING WITH ME AND I HAVE HAD TO GO TO WORK AND LEAVE HER ON HER OWN WITHOUT A TELEPHONE WHICH IS HER LIFELINE.  WHEN I CHANGED OVER TO SKY TALK THE TELEPHONE CONNECTIONS WERE DONE VERY BADLY.  I DID NOT COMPLAIN AT THE TIME AS IT WAS WORKING BUT EVERY NOW AND THEN WE HAVE NO TELEPHONE SERVICE.  THERE ARE 3 OR 4 CONNECTIONS STICKING OUT FROM THE WALL WHICH IS VERY DANGEROUS AND I THINK OVER TIME GRAVITY IS PULLING DOWN AND IT IS NOT CONNECTING PROPERLY.  CAN YOU PLEASE SEND SOMEONE OUT URGENTLY TO FIX IT.  I CANNOT TELEPHONE SKY ON THE 08442 NO. AS MY COMPANY BLOCKS THESE CALLS AND I ONLY HAVE A PAY AS YOU GO MOBILE.  PLEASE CALL ME URGENTLY.  I CAN GET HOME IF SOMEONE CAN COME OUT TODAY.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi kathy+kennedy, it may help trying the troubleshooting here. If this does not help we need to speak to you as there are mandatory statements involved in arranging a visit. If you contact us regarding a line issue from an alternate phone we will call you back to avoid running up a bill.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator