Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
David.Curtis
Accepted Solution

Sky Talk Freetime 0800 Numbers

Hello

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me? :smileyhappy:

I'm just really wanting to know if 0800 numbers, which are classed as freephone are chargeable or not?  I've tried looking at the tariff guide and it confused me if I'm honest.

I know 0845/0870 numbers are chargeable.. but with it not being BT Line Rental I wasn't sure if I'd be charged for the 0800's.

Thanks in advance guys. :smileyhappy:

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff (Retired)
StacieB

Re: Sky Talk Freetime 0800 Numbers

Hi David.Curtis,

Thanks for joining Sky forum :smileyhappy:

I can certainly help you with that. 0800 numbers are not free on Sky, the maximum price for 08 numbers is 10p per minute, with a maximum connection fee of 12.5p.

I hope this helps!

Thanks.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
David.Curtis

That's fantastic. Thankyou very much. :smileyhappy:

Regular Visitor
SImon+Hewitt

Thats interesting

I found this thread whilst browsing after being put on hold asking the same question to someone in the Indian call centre.

She tells me that calls to 0800 numbers are always free.

So which is it?

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Hi SImon+Hewitt,

Below is a copied part of the Sky Talk Price Tariff Guide. As stated it shows that 0800 numbers with a 0.00 charge during daytime or evening. I would take this as meaning that the calls are free.

Call Rates to 0800, 0845 and 0870
Internet Access Numbers

Calls to 0845 numbers are known as Number Translation Services (NTS), meaning that the cost of the call
is not dependent on the location of the caller or the destination of the number dialled.

Calls to 0870 09, 0870 185, 0870 187 and 0870 188 are used to connect to the internet for dial-up Internet
Service Providers (ISPs).

These are charged at the g2 rate, please see the Call Rates to Internet Services Table on Page 12.

Charge-bands                    Daytime     Evening
Local NTS (0845 numbers)   6.13          6.13
Freephone (0800 numbers)  0.00          0.00

A 12.5p connection fee applies to all chargeable calls. All call rates are in pence per minute.
Calls to Virgin Number 0870 730 12 15 are no extra cost. Calls to selected 0870 Sky Numbers are free of charge.

I hope this has helped.:smileyhappy:

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
cliff+nicholson

In reponse to the question "are 0800 numbers free with Sky Talk Freetime" the following answers have been given on this forum:

1. Knowledge advisor Tricia07 20-12-10 states:

Below is a copied part of the Sky Talk Price Tariff Guide. As stated it shows that 0800 numbers with a 0.00 charge during daytime or evening. I would take this as meaning that the calls are free.

2. Knowledge advisor StacieB 02-11-2011 states:

I can certainly help you with that. 0800 numbers are not free on Sky, the maximum price for 08 numbers is 10p per minute, with a maximum connection fee of 12.5p.

Can you please advise which of these two opposing responses is correct??

Staff
JKeenan

HI

Calls to 0800 numbers are free at all times to Sky Talk customers

John Keenan

Telephony Billing Manager - Sky

Visitor
cliff+nicholson

Thanks for that very clear response