Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Dougyxxx

Sky Sports & Movies half price for 6 months - If it worked

Just got an offer through the post to get sports and movies for half price for 6 months

Brilliant I thought!! Followed the "easy" online steps

Oh and low and behold the link doesn't work

The page you're looking for could not be found The link you used may be out of date or the address (url) may have been typed incorrectly. Please check and try again.

What a sham, advertise an offer that doesn't even work

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
jason-d

Re: Sky Sports & Movies half price for 6 months - If it worked

Good Evening Dougyxxx,

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum and thanks for taking the time to make your first post.

I am sorry to read you are having some difficulty taking advantage of an offer you have been sent.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question, however does the email look genuine?

Can I ask you to log into your MySky and see if this offer is available on your account to upgrade via our website?

Thanks

jason-d
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
chappy26

there could be another reason why its not working!! the post you received should not have been delivered until next week, i work for the royal mail and its TNT or similar (look on your envelope top right) that has pushed these letters beyond delivery date when they shouldnt have been, try next week like i will!!

dave

Contributor
Iceblues

How does one qualify for this offer? Does one only qualify if they have previously not taken up Sports and/or movies and is it a minimum 6 month term?

I am interested so fingers crossed I will receive it. Do I just log on to My Account?

Visitor
ash61268

Hi,

I also received a letter drop for the offer, Sky Sports & Movies half price for six months and ESPN free for three months, but when you click on the link at the following page:

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/customer-offers/

You receive the following error:

'The page you're looking for could not be found The link you used may be out of date or the address (url) may have been typed incorrectly. Please check and try again.'

The link to the offer without ESPN free for three months works fine.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
WXMMOD

I had the same offer "THROUGH THE POST" (not an email) but the link worked for me in the Three east steps but it was not that easy as when I got to step 2 there where no offers to upgrade to!

Waste of Time!

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi WXMMOD,

I am sorry to read that you have had issues upgrading, especially as this is your first post.

Can I ask, was there a telephone number on the offer that came through the post? If so, have you contacted this number?

Do you currently have Sports or Movies with us? Have you had any offers on these channels previously?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
RobboG

I have had the same problem, called Sky and they said have not heard of this offer.

Is this a genuine offer or not Sky?

Occasional Visitor
bforest

I received a personalised offer earlier this year in the post for the half price deal.  It was a genuine offer but when I rang the number they told me I was already on an offer (the half price offer was a better saving) so I couldn't have it.  I sent several mails asking why they would send me something I couldn't have but received little or no explanation each time.  I was really disappointed with the responses.

Occasional Visitor
ScubaSpinney

I'm having the exact same problem. I recieved a personalised offer through the post (It even jad my Sky account login username) for 6 months half price sports, sports and movies and/or 12 months free broadband. When I click the links in My Offers I get a 404 error code.

Virgin is looking like a better option!

http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/our-collections.html

Occasional Visitor
ScubaSpinney

Occasional Visitor
beverley+russell

I also have this offer i got in on a card with the voucher code from the installer when they fitted my sky on saterday 30th aug i have called the number twice on the card been told the first time call back after 24hrs when there system will be updated called again and they still dont have it i was advised to try applying online which i did but the website is down ! I want to order movies but dont want to go ahead and miss the offer . Im not very happy with the after sales care so far