Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Staff (Retired)
Jenny-C

Sky Sports Upgrade Offer

[ Edited ]

Sky Sports offer1.jpg

The opening weekend of the Premier League is upon us and Sky Sports has it covered with 4 live matches and 3 dedicated shows. To celebrate we are offering Customers who want to add Sky Sports to their bundle a little something extra!

If you’re looking to upgrade to Sky Sports, simply click here and complete your order to get £20 off your next bill. As an added bonus, if you add Sports and Movies you’ll receive £30 off your next bill. 

Not got time to do it online? Then why not upgrade using your Sky remote* Just press “interactive” and then select “Sky Active”.  

If you want to take advantage of this offer then make sure you upgrade by Thursday 26th September!

* To upgrade via your Sky remote your Sky box must be connected to an active telephone line.

Jenny
Community Content Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
Bingobongo67

Re: Sky Sports Upgrade Offer

If i take up this offer,am i tied to a contract or can i remove Sky Sports at any time?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Visitor
derbyco1

*Bump*

I would also like to know the answer to Bingobongo67 question (but with the movies+sports £30 offer).

Super User
speedyrite

Can't see any particular T&Cs applicable to that offer on that page, so I wouldn't have thought so (because the minimum term for the Sports Pack and/or Movies is usually 31 days).

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"
Visitor
derbyco1

So i could take this offer, give 31 days notice straight away and get sky sports and movies free after im credited with £30?

Super User
speedyrite

derbyco1 wrote:

So i could take this offer, give 31 days notice straight away and get sky sports and movies free after im credited with £30?

Presumably so. Effectively, as an existing TV customer taking up that offer, all it would get you though is a free month of both services. That's my understanding of it anyway.

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"
Visitor
Scammed

I got an email from sky on the 7th of August offering me sky sports for £1 a month for six months and £22 thereafter. This was an online offer for existing customers. On the 17th of August I signed into my account, did the upgrade and an email landed in my inbox, asking me to call a number otherwise my order would not be completed. I did so and was told the upgrade would be processed "manually" within 24 hours.
24 hours later I called the number and was told it would take 48 hours to be manually processed. I complained about this and was told to call another number (customer service) that they would deal with it. I was told by a Mark at CS that they (he) was unaware of the offer and knew nothing about it, nor could he put it on. He asked me to ring back the original number sent via email to me when I first did the upgrade, now 72 hours ago. I rang back and was told the offer which was initially being "manually processed" could not be put on. Rene ID S5R L01 was the name of the guy I spoke to and his Floor Manager Sachin who said it would be escalated to the escalation team/upgrade team and I would receive another call in "48 hours". Having not heard from anyone at Sky at the end of any of the 24 or 48 hour periods, I rang back tonight where I was told that it could not be put on by that division and I should report the issue online. Could someone please tell me what is going on??
Staff (Retired)
Fraser-H

Good afternoon Scammed,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and hopefully we will be able to help put this right :smileyhappy:

From the sounds of it you have been passed from pillar to post which I am going to put a stop to right now. I will arrange for one of my colleagues to have this matter looked into and they will be in touch by PM as quickly as they possibly can be. As they will be in touch by PM, we would ask if you could please keep an eye on your message inbox by going to this page.

If you have any other questions or queries in the meantime please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks 

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Scammed,

Just to let you know that I have sent you a Private Message.

If you could reply to this that would be great. 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Paul+B831

We Have had the same problem, received the same offer as "Scammed" on Aug 7th, tried to take up the offer today and can't find it, despite it allegedly running until 31/08/2013. The only 'Offer' it would allow us to do on-line is the 1 off 20GBP discount, even when we tried to take up the 14GBP per month for Sky Movies customers we were directed to the same 1 off discount offer. No luck with 'Customer Services', just sent to different departments who claimed they couldn't help. Luckily I am in an area that is cabled so it looks like Virgin Media will be getting my custom in the future as I do not like being conned, even if it is unsuccessful!
Visitor
Paul+B831

That should be the Sky Sports for 14GBP per month for existing Sky Movies Customers offer
Visitor
rlsmith

I also received the email offering me sky sports for £1 per month for 6 months which your advisors claim to know nothing about. I could have ditched sky & got broadband, calls & free sports with BT but decided otherwise when I saw sky offering this. How misled I now feel :smileysad:

Visitor
Scammed

As of now, I've left Sky and gone with talk talk for bb & phone and with another TV provider offering ALL conceivable channels for £80 a year. Happy days ahead!! Sky's days are numbered!
Visitor
Paul+B831

Hi Scammed, I am already with Talktalk for BB and phone, who is your new TV provider?

Visitor
Scammed

Why should I tell u?