Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
chrissheldon
Accepted Solution

Sky Sports Offer.....Last try

Hi,

I joined sky in December 2011.

Towards the end of January I had an email Sky saying that I could try out Sky Sports for free for 2 months. All I had to do was click to claim my free treat, enter a few details such as Sky acccount number and Sky Sports would be active.

I did this, and got a web page that said that Sky Sports would be active in 48h hours. It was not.

I checked the Sky Sports channel a couple of times during the following weeks, but all I got was the message that I needed to upgrade my subscription to get Sky Sports.

I tried again in early February and clicked on the link in the email to claim my trial of Sky Sports, but again I did not get Sky Sports.

So I contacted Sky using the Live Chat with Sky support. After numerous questions I was told to phone Sky, as they could not activate the trial.

So I phoned Sky, and was told that the trial would be active in 24 hours. That was about 2 weeks ago, Sky Sports is still not active.

Could somebody at Sky please activate my trial ??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: Sky Sports Offer.....Last try

Hi chrissheldon, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the help forum :smileyhappy:

Can you let me know the following information so I can give some further advice?

• The date you joined Sky
  • Was the email sent to you directly by Sky, or was it passed on to you from someone else?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
chrissheldon

Hi Anne,

I had Sky installed on the 4th December 2011.

The email was sent directly from Sky, email address skyservice@skymail.sky.com

Cheers

Chris

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi chrissheldon,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Has Sky Sports started working yet since you last posted?

Regards.

Getting There
chrissheldon

Hi

Yes it has, sorry for the delay in replying

Thanks

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi chrissheldon

Thanks for confirming that you have the Sports.

Enjoy:smileyhappy:  

Jane
Community Coordinator

Getting There
BobbyNend

I got an email inviting me to try this - 72 hours later I've still got nothing. Very poor service in opinion.

Getting There
BobbyNend

Would you Adam and Eve it - it works now!

Getting There
coventry1987

can anyone confirm that skysports 3 months offer.in January stated that they would inform us when the 3months was up I've been billed 40 pound for April and sky are denying any email or letter says that can anyone help me please
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi coventry1987

Thanks for your first post on the Help Forum. 

With all offer we inform the customer of the offer end date and personally I always asked them to write this down as there is not always correspondence sent informing when this comes to an end. 

This information is also available to view via the interactive button on your box too.

Hope this helps

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Getting There
skyyboy

i have had to cancel my sky sports subscription a few time due to overtime being cancelled AT WORK

the last time i asked Sky if they had any offers

then they THREW IT IN MY FACE  you have had offers before

i could not believe they would throw that in a customers face

this Summer again they offered me a deal to keep sky sports on

i told them to keep it such a crap way to treat Customers

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi skyyboy,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances.

I apologise for the advisor you spoke with regarding a Sky Sports offer, but unfortunately if an account has had an offer previously it can affect any additional offers being applied if there is not currently an offer campaign running.

I'm sorry this experience has caused you to decline the Sports package.