Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
StevenHibs

Sky Sports Music!

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I am looking for the piece of music played on Sky Sports during football matches. The song is usually played when the first half is finished, before they go onto the adverts. It is also played durig internal Sky adverts, such as advertising next weeks games etc.

The game that this piece of music was on was the Aberdeen vs Hibernian game last Saturday!

Can anyone help! I really want to know what tune this is!

Thanks

StevenHibs

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Re: Sky Sports Music!

Hi StevenHibs, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the community :smileyhappy:

I am not sure about this piece of music so I have sent an email to a few of my colleagues to see if they can find out for you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
StevenHibs

Thanks a lot, its also on the Barclay's Premier League games sometimes! Hopefully you can find out, I could listen to it for hours :smileytongue:

Contributor
CarlM1985

I know Tinie Tempah - Written In The Stars gets played during Premiership matches.

Frequent Visitor
StevenHibs

Thanks for the reply, but its definitely not that one! It doesn't have any lyrics, its simply a piece of music!

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi StevenHibs, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this music request. 

I have requested more information about this for you, as soon as we hear back we will let you know. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
StevenHibs

Thanks very much. I hope you can find out what it is!

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi StevenHibs, 

We are still awaiting on feedback for you. As soon as we have further information, we will let you know. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
RyanK94

Hi,

There is a violin instrumental played sometimes at half time on the Football, I've been searching for ages!!!

It sounds a bit like Muse's 'Starlight', can you help me out?

Thanks!

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi RyanK94,

I am having a little hunt around to see if I can find this song for you.  I will pop back with any information I can find :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi RyanK94,

I have made some enquiries and the track you are looking for is “Game Theory” by Tim Bricheno :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
johnsmith17

Found it!!

[ Edited ]

Hi there StevenHibs, I've asked a question almost similar to yours. It's a piece frequently used on Sky Sports Super Sunday. Orchestral music with lots of violins I presume?

It's by TOBY (not Tim) Bricheno, a.k.a. Schorched Score Music. The piece is called Game Theory. You can listen to it on Grooveshark and download from Spotify.

Frequent Visitor
StevenHibs

Re: Found it!!

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I've now found it, but low and behold its not that one!!! Its very close, but its not that one. Surely someone at Sky knows about it!??

Regular Visitor
johnsmith17

Re: Found it!!

Do bear in mind that Scorched Score Music is sort of like an orchestral production company that produces bespoke music for trailers, adverts, TV programmes and movies. I've managed to find three different versions of "Game Theory" through Google. I think that probably explains why you say the one you found is very close to the one you heard.

The only people on Sky who would be certain about the music used in programmes are the production staff that work on the show. I'm sure it's difficult for the personnel working on these Help Centre Forums to contact these staff, maybe their responses are through hearsay and multiple emails, but I'm quite sure the piece used frequently on Sky Sports Super Sunday is "Game Theory" by Scorched Score Music.

Occasional Visitor
Eriiiik

Sky Sports Music!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I am also looking for two pieces of music so I thought I use this thread before opening another one.The music was played at the beginning of the pre-match section of this year's CL Final right after the CL anthem (the first during the aerial shots closing in on the Allianz Arena, the second during Frank Lampard's 'tale' of Chelsea's march towards the final).I've been trying to find them myself,but with no success.I really hope someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance

Erik