Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
upwards

Sky Sports Mobile TV on Nexus 5 through Vodafone

Hi there,

I have downloaded the above app but cannot seem to get it to work.  I have a non-rooted 4.4.2 kit kat operating system, and after pressing "Watch", then choosing "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" under viewing options, the following error comes up:

!Network Connection

Please temporarily switch off your Wi-Fi network and connect via 3G/4G so that we can validate your subscription.

I have disabled Wi-Fi but to no effect.

Please help,

Many thanks in advance.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Kristi-C

Re: Sky Sports Mobile TV on Nexus 5 through Vodafone

Hi upwards. Thanks for getting in touch. This is a known issue at the moment and our support teams are currently working on this and hope to have it working soon. There is no information on a current Fix Date at this moment in time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, 

Kristi
Community Coordinator
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
tryanelliott1

Hi,

I also have the same issue and through the forums have noticed that this has been ongoing for months. Is there likely to be a resolution any time soon? I want to make the most of my subscription
Getting There
upwards

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It does work on the nexus 5 as I have seen it work.  However the problem I am currently having is that I am being charged for using it each time I download or re download the app through the vodafone links given by text.  The first time I ever downloaded it, I was charged.

Since then I have had to get Vodafone to remove numerous charges for subsequent redownloads of the Sky sports mobile TV app.

Vodafone have taken nearly a month and a half attempting to sort my problem of being charged for use of the app, and still have not fixed it. Can anyone at Sky help please?

It says "Your Sky Sports Mobile TV subscription has expired.  Please contact Vodafone to re-subscribe." I am fed up to the back teeth of contacting Vodafone and would like to know if anyone at Sky can help and fast track my problem for sorting.

From upwards.

Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

Hi tyranelliott1,

Thanks for your post. 

Can I ask if you have tried any of the steps, to resolve the issue.

Such as uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Regards,

Getting There
tryanelliott1

Hi Wakas,

I have tried turning off WiFi, reinstalling the app and waiting for over 24 hours, none of which work.

Is there anything else I can try?

Kind Regards

Community Coordinator
amberw94

Hi tryanelliott1, 

Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. 

After looking into this for you I can confirm at this time there is an issue with the Sky Sports Mobile TV app on this device, we are currently working on this and hope to have it supported soon. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to message us. 

Thanks, 

Getting There
upwards

tryanelliott1,

It does work with the nexus 5.  try signing out of your sky id within the app, then turning aeroplane mode on and off and sign in again within the app with the sky id.  If that doesn't work, try chatting to a sky advisor on the live chat facility (under help and support, contact us).  Go to Sky ID and then other Sky ID queries.

They'll help you reset your sky id and if necessary create a new sky id and also cancel and renew the service.