Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Petey80

Sky Router Access

Hi there,

I've searched and found that the usual username and password for the sky router is ADMIN & SKY.  However, this doesn't work and let me access the router settings.

Have the details changed?

I don't want to reset the router as that will wipe all the details from it and sky haven't provided me with any internet connection details.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Sky Router Access

Have a look at the bottom of the router,remember it is case sensitive when entering the info.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Petey80 wrote:

Hi there,

I've searched and found that the usual username and password for the sky router is ADMIN & SKY.  However, this doesn't work and let me access the router settings.

It is:

admin

sky

In small letters.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Petey80

For my router is definitely isn't ADMIN & SKY to gain access to the router.

Didn't get a notification of these replies so will have a look at the base of the router tonight when I get in.

If it's not on there, what else can you suggest?

Super User
caesarome

Petey80 wrote:

For my router is definitely isn't ADMIN & SKY to gain access to the router.

As I said it is admin and sky not ADMIN and SKY.

If this doesn't work then you can reset it back by proding something in the reset hole on it, this will reset it back to the condition it was in when you first got it which would mean any changes and the like you have made you be lost and you would have to set it up again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Petey80

I've tried both lower case and upper case and neither give me access to the router settings...

I've checked the back of the router and the only thing on it is the general wireless details.  Network key, SSID and Channel info...

It's a D-link router.

Any more ideas?

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Petey80,

The details you have been provided with are certainly the correct ones.

Username - admin

Password - sky

The only thing I can think of just now is for you to double check you are trying to access Sky's Router page and not the page of another provider.  The address for this is 192.168.0.1?

Thanks,

Visitor
Petey80

Hi Garry,

Yes, I have been trying to access 192.168.0.1 [this is the default ip address to gain access to any router] with admin and sky as the username and password and it doesn't give me access.

I have used Firefox, IE and Google Chrome as I thought there maybe script issues, but nothing.

Any assisstance with gaining access to the router settings would be much appreciated.

I have thought about hitting the reset button, but am dubious about doing that in case it deletes the username and password to gain internet access as I've heard sky don't give these out to customers [which is BS].........

Super User
caesarome

Petey80 wrote:

I have thought about hitting the reset button, but am dubious about doing that in case it deletes the username and password to gain internet access as I've heard sky don't give these out to customers [which is BS].........

All the reset option does it changes your router back to the condition it was in when you first got it. It doesn't do anything what so ever with the username and password details because they are hard coded into it. By doing this then admin/sky details should then work for you.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
CK12

Try....username: admin
Password: admin
Or username: sky
Password: sky

Or keep trying Uname: admin <<<<< or vice versa
Pword: sky

If your connecting through wifi then switch to a hard wired (eg connect via ethernet cable) and try again as the 198.168.0.1 access ip is standard across most routers. If your router was not provided by sky (sagemcom) or has no sky branding then check with the manufacturer of the wireless router. Hope this helps