Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Explorer
brownspottydog

Sky Remote will not adjust volume on my TV

I have Sky Multiroom and my remote in one room will adjust the volume on the TV but the remote in the other room will not adjust the volume, I have to use the remote for the TV. I have just got a new Panasonic TV in the 2nd room and still can't adjust the volume via the Sky remote.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Re: Sky Remote will not adjust volume on my TV

Have you programmed the remote in the second room to operate the Panasonic tv?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Explorer
brownspottydog

No, how do you programme the remote?

El Capo
Kenneth+M

See this.

I use 0051 on my Panasonic.  With a Rev8 remote:

Press 'tv'

Press 'Select & Red' together ( remote LED blinks twice )

Press 'tv' again

Enter 0051 ( remote LED blinks twice )

Press the OFF button on the remote.

If the tv switched off, press Select to store the code.

Press the blue Sky button to return the remote to operate the Sky box.

Explorer
brownspottydog

Tried this but it does not seem to work

Super User
kato

Did you follow Sky's instructions?

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Super User
caesarome

brownspottydog wrote:

Tried this but it does not seem to work

What version is your remote ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Explorer
brownspottydog

The remote is one of the older black ones, about 6 years old

Explorer
brownspottydog

I have also followed all the instructions on the Sky remote website and still no luck. 

Super User
kato

brownspottydog wrote:

I have also followed all the instructions on the Sky remote website and still no luck. 

I expect your current remote is'nt compatible with your tv and you will have to buy a version 9 remote.

https://accessories.sky.com/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sky+control+remote&tag=yahhyd-21&index=aps&hvadid=684190...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Explorer
brownspottydog

Thanks for your help. I thought I might have to get a new remote.  Strange thing it has never been able to change the volume on my other TV even when it was new!  Sky must have given me an out of date remote.

Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi brownspottydog, it's a bit unusual for a remote not to operate a Panasonic TV. Could you try:

• Press tv (one flash)
  • Hold select and red till remote flashes twice
  • Select
  • tv
  • Select and red till two flashes
  • Select
Malcolm-M
Explorer
brownspottydog

It worked!!!!!!  Thank you very much. I have  a spare Black Sky remote which I have also been able to programme to operate the volume.

I'm New Here
Sukhi100

This post was fantastic, simple step by step instructions that will solve your problem on almost every television. Thank you!!

I'm New Here
kitkat123

Same here, anyone got any answers? pleese!!!