Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Super User
caesarome
Accepted Solution

Sky Remote Record and ITV1 HD

Hi Guys

I have an issue when trying to record something via the remote app on ITV 1 HD, on this channel only I get a "bad connection error" when selecting the red record button, after selecting OK the record icon does appear so it seems as though everything is Ok but it hasn't because going into my planner on my box any program recorded via the remote app apears as:

Searching for listings 9pm ITV1 HD

And the program doesn't record. Recording something via the SD ITV channel works fine it is just the HD one that is playing up.

I am using an HTC Wildfire Phone if it helps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: Sky Remote Record and ITV1 HD

Hi caesarome, what ITV region do you get on 103?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

103 is Anglia. And the remote app has ITV 1 HD as the London Region.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

I'll report it for you. How long has it been an issue?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Super User
caesarome

I have only just got the phone and first used it on Christmas Day (which again it failed to record a ITV1 HD program - same error as before - "Searching for listings") and tried again today, so about a week, thanks Malcom.

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

I've emailed it over and will let you know what I hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Super User
caesarome

Cool thanks Malcom.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
South+East+Guy

Similar problem for me.  I've recently moved areas from London to South East / Meridian.  The end result is remote record will only let me record London programmes.

ANy idea what to do?  I've re-loaded the Sky App on my iphone, but no joy.

Help!

Super User
caesarome

South+East+Guy wrote:

Similar problem for me.  I've recently moved areas from London to South East / Meridian.  The end result is remote record will only let me record London programmes.

ANy idea what to do?  I've re-loaded the Sky App on my iphone, but no joy.

Help!

I think you issue is slightly different. ITV London is the main HD channel on Sky as that is how ITV have done things. Other regions like mine (Anglia) is not broadcast in HD so when I want to see my local news when I am watching ITV 1 HD (London) I have to change channels to 103 ITV Anglia. Your local region will be on 103 or at least it should be, if not call sky.

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi South+East+Guy, click the Info button along the bottom then the your profile option. You should see an option to set your region manually? On the web based TV Guide it's under channel filters and setup then edit my channels and manual setup.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi folks, I've been advised that this issue requires a software change. At present I can't provide a timescale.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Super User
caesarome

No probs Malcom, it isn't the end of the world as recording the SD ITV channel works OK if needs be.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
NigelHunt

I live in the Anglia (Ipswich) region and also cannot record ITV1HD using my Android phone application. The application reports the channel as being set to record, but it never reaches the record planner on the Sky+HD box. Recordings made manually using the box are fine.

I had spoken to customer services at length about this, but they have no knowledge and keep asking me to reset the box! Any news on when there might be a software update please?