Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Lost+warrior

Re: Sky + Recording Clash when recording 1 programme

How so I get a second feed from my dish? Contact sky? What are the costs involved?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

If you live in a flat, and have a communal dish you'll need to speak to the building management company, or the residents association. Fee could be anything but probably around £100, assuming it's feasible.

If it's your own dish, Sky will do it for you - their normal callout fee is £65.

Or if you don't mind climbing up to the dish, you could do it yourself. You'll need a length of coax cable, and an F-connector for each end of the cable (and a replacement LNB which is the bit on the arm, in the unlikely event that yours doesn't have two or more outputs)

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Lost+warrior

Thanks for all your help. I am looking into getting another input to my box
Occasional Visitor
mel+b

I have just "upgraded" to a sky HD box and I am furious that no-one from sky explained that I would not be able to record two programmes at once due to the fact that I can only use a single feed due to not having a cable feed from the old disk!!! Why the hell isnt this stated before customers place their order???? Especially as so many customers are effected by this! My old box worked fine, I could tape two programmes which now I cant do this and it addition from reading these forums because of the single feed I am unable to get sky anytime either, which was the whole point of upgrading!Some upgrade eh????How can I get around this other than paying your astronomical fees for an engineer to visit???? Maybe cancel and go with Virgin, that seems the best option

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi mel+b,

I wish I could welcome you to the forum under better circumstances :smileysad:

Can you confirm if you have upgraded to a SkyHD box or a Sky+HD box (this box has the recording functionality)?

You mention with your previous Sky+ box you were able to record 2 programmes, which would indicate that you have 2 feeds coming into your property, so if you have upgraded to Sky+HD you will still have the ability to do this.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Super User
Mark39

mel+b wrote:

My old box worked fine, I could tape two programmes which now I cant do this and it addition from reading these forums because of the single feed I am unable to get sky anytime either, which was the whole point of upgrading!

If you could record two programmes simultaneously before, you must unquestionably have had two feeds from the dish. Make sure they're both connected to your new box.

Check that single feed mode has not been set, as this will prevent you from recording two programmes at the same time.

Check that you have a signal from each satellite feed.

Sky would not, of course, know whether you have one satellite feed or two, and would not therefore know to prompt you accordingly, any more than they would about any other feature of the Sky box, particularly when the vast majority of users have two feeds. It's up to you as a purchaser to make sure you know what you're buying.

Occasional Visitor
Abigail+123

watching whilst recording a program

Hello I was wondering if anybody could answer my rather naive question.

Can you watch a program whilst it is recording and later view the program ?

Thanks Abi x

Super User
Annie+UK

Re: watching whilst recording a program

[ Edited ]

Abigail+123 wrote:

Can you watch a program whilst it is recording and later view the program ?

You can watch a programmes whilst it's recording and it still goes into your planner for viewing again later.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen3 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Surface 3, iPad Occupation: Senior Analyst/Programmer

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Booboobily

Thanks. Worked for me. Had set to 1 input
Occasional Visitor
feduploads

Hi I have had this problem constantly since the last update. I have to watch something if I want to record it which is totally pointless, have to leave the tv on the right channel if I go out and want to record something. Friends at work have similar problems stuff won't start to record or won't stop recording, all since this update. My signal indicators both say "ok" and the single feed is off. I have already done a planner rebuild and am running out of patience with this whole thing!
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi feduploads,

Have you tried swapping the feed around to see the cabling is now broken/faulty?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.