Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
mcdowd

Sky + Recording Clash when recording 1 programme

Hi we've only just got a Sky+HD box.

When we plan to record a show and are watching something else it comes up telling u there is a recording clash and that there are already 2 programmes recording.  However it only lists one.

Is it possible to record one show while watching another? I thought it was possible to record two shows at once and watch something else?

Cheers in advance for any help

x

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Sky + Recording Clash when recording 1 programme

Hi mcdowd, 

The Programme Clash alert will usually indicate that another programme is about to start recording at the same time as a recording is in progress.

The Sky+ box can record 2 programmes at the same time and allow you to view something you've already recorded from the planner while it records. You cannot however record 2 programmes and watch another live tv channel at the same time.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
Gabor81

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue for a couple of weeks now. At the moment, I can only record one programme but, I also need to watch it. As soon as I select a different channel a message comes up saying programme clash but only one programme is recording.

Very strange but also highly annoying. Sometimes I pause something I'm watching and then start watching it again but, because of another programme which is set to record, the channel changes automatically and then I'm losing the programme that was on pause. (not sure if it makes sense as I'm just about to run home from the office :smileyhappy:

HELP!!!

Super User
Mark39

Assuming you've got 2 feeds from your dish, there are two things you can try. Firstly, reboot your Sky box: switch off at the mains for 5 minutes, switch on, wait for 4 minutes and bring out of standby.

If that doesn't help, try a planner rebuild: http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/index.h...

Regular Visitor
Gabor81

Thanks for the advice Mark39, tried both ideas but still no luck.. will have to call in one of these days..unless someone else has had a similar issue and solved it.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Gabor81, 

Can you please press the services button on the remote scroll to settings, the select signal, what do does it say next to input 1 & 2 lock indicator? 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Mazza64

Hi Laura

What should the input signals read?

Thanks

Super User
caesarome

It should say "OK".

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
Gabor81

Hi LauraMac,

Input 1 Lock Indicator is OK

Input  2 Lock Indicator is Not Locked.

Gabor

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Gabor1,

Input Lock Indicator 2 should say 'OK' as well Input 1. As you have stated it says 'Not Locked', then there is a problem with the cable. You need to make sure that it's connected properly into the back of the box. If you switch box off at the mains before attempting to take the cable out as they carry alot of voltage.

Once you have switched the box off, take both cables out and then put them back in. You can switch the cables around if you want. After you have done this you are looking for both Inputs to say 'OK'. If it doesn't then you will have to get in contact with us directly.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Regular Visitor
Gabor81

Hi.

Tried your suggestion and now both inputs are not locked so had to book for an engineer.

Anyone else reading this topic, please don't try these things on the weekend. I was stupid enough to play with it this morning which means, I don't have a working TV at least until next Saturday!

Byee

Visitor
SGBE

You should also check that you have not got the single feed setting turned on by mistake ... Go to the SETTINGS menu, press 0, 0, 1, SELECT, and check in the SETUP tab the setting for "Single Feed Mode" - if you have two feeds coming to your box then this should be set to OFF.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Gabor81, it's also worth checking the dish connections again in case they haven't gone back on right. Put the box into standby then off at the mains. Unscrew them one at a time and check that the thick copper wire in the centre is straight and that there is no fine copper wire visible inside the nut. The thick wire in the centre should come out a couple of mm past the end of the nut. When you screw it back on it should take half a dozen twists or so to go tight. If it goes tight after a couple of twists it's on squint.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Lost+warrior

I have the the recording clash message when recording 1 programme and trying to watch another. what do I do to sort this problem out? Fyi I have
Only 1 input cable into my sky box -
Super User
Mark39

I'm afraid this is normal behaviour when you have a single feed from the dish. You can record one programme and watch a programme from your Planner that you've already recorded, but you can't watch a live programme and record a different one.