Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
katweg

Re: Sky On Demand only showing "Showcase"

Brill thanks for your help! :-)
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
John-B

Hi katweg, I hope we can sort your On Demand issue too.

If you perform a planner rebuild, this will not delete anything from your planner, so please try it and let me know how you get on, if that does not work we can try another few things and then we can hopefully get you and your On Demand re-united.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
katweg

The planner rebuild has worked. Thanks everso much for your help. :-)
Graduate
MZone

Did this coincide with a recent software upgrade by any chance i.e when you turned your box on it would have been on channel 999?

If so there must be 1000's of people with the same issue.
I'm New Here
BLETCHLEYEAGLE

[ Edited ]

Hi

Have had this problem since yesterday.  I searched for "Rebuild Planner" in Sky Help and was instructed to try a simple reboot and then if this failed carry out the rebuild as detailed by Hiyaaaa.  I switched off my Sky+ HD box using the remote control then turned off the power to the box and left it for five minutes.  I turned the power back on and used the remote control to switch the box back on.  It sulked for three or four minutes (during which time I tried switching it on and off several times) before finally coming back to life.  Everything was now available again in "On Demand".  Woo hoo.  I hope that this proves useful, dear reader.

Explorer
Debussy

I checked all the settings as suggested and turned everything off. Nothing worked. Then I unplugged my router for a minute before plugging it back in. Hey Presto!!! On demand is back.
Explorer
The+Saturday+Boy

I have had this problem twice but only on one of my HD boxes, unsurpisingly the one that has had the most recent update (the one with the ECO mode added)

Last week I found multiple copies movies in the Showcase section but none of them would play - none of the catch up services worked. A planner rebuild fixed this. This week I again find multiple copies of movies in the Showcase section, none of them will play and none of the catch up services work. I haven't had chance to do a planner rebuild as my wife is recording stuff this evening.

Also, the red light on the front of the panel does not light when recording a programme but does if I put it into 'demo' mode.

For it to happen twice and to more than one person suggests the problem isn't my end. I am reluctant to call out an engineer because they are likely just going to change the box and the point of a PVR is to watch stuff at a later date and while Sky continue not to copy stuff from one box to another I don't want to lose all my recordings or have to go through the hassle of seeing if I can keep swapping boxes over until I have watched everything on the old box.

Getting There
Alex93

Hi guys my sky+hd box is only showing showcase in the on demand section I've tried following the steps provided by you guys but nothing at all is happening, please help
Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

Good afternoon all,

We're sorry to see some of you had issues since the recent update took place. What we'd like to do is get some further details from you to investigate fully.

Can you all confirm the software version, model and serial numbers that are shown on the box? Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If you have more than one box hooked up, is it the same on them all?

Just reply here with the details and we'll pick them up.

Thanks

chaz1985
Community Coordinator

Explorer
The+Saturday+Boy

My issue is slightly different - I have no problems (now) with the on demand content that can be downloaded (I am wired) but Showcase has not worked properly since the last update.

There is over 70% free on the box but when it tries to download programmes onto Showcase it only manages 1 or 2 before failing. For example, overnight last night the box obviously tried to download a number of programmes...

Wreck it Ralph (Sky Store) appears to have downloaded fine.

S.W.A.T. two versions of it are in the Showcase planner - the first says Failed Rec: Technical Fault - 10. the second Failed Rec: Cancelled

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - again, two attempts - the first Part Rec: 0m, Out of Disk Space, the second Failed Rec: Cancelled.

Vamps, three attempts - first Part Rec: 0m, Out of Disk Space the other two Failed Rec: Cancelled

Model - R006.058.60.00P

Serial Number - 0362924973 3

Version Number - 4f3107 (I assume this is the software version)

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi The Saturday Boy,

Looking at your model number it seems you are on an older software version, can you please run a Software Update and check the Model number again for me please.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator

Explorer
The+Saturday+Boy

Model no. now R007.061.49.00P

All the rest the same

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi The Saturday Boy,

Thanks for that, you now have the lastest version of the software :smileyhappy:

Can you delete the failed recordings, remove them from the Deleted tab and then try to download them again. Can you download something else as well please.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator

Explorer
The+Saturday+Boy

Hi

My problems are with the Showcase tab so I can't do anything about downloading them, that is at Sky's behest. I have done a planner rebuild so all I currently have is the one recording that is OK. I will see what happens overnight.

Retired Staff Member
Ian-M-

Hello The Saturday Boy,

Thanks for posting.  Just to check, how did things go overnight?

Regards,