Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
JaKeep

Sky On Demand only showing "Showcase"

I'm having problems seeing my Sky On Demand, I'm only seeing Showcase, and a few days ago I could see all my movies, TV etc etc

I have have tried reboting the box, check the hard wires internet connection and it is resolving to the router fine and is resolving a Network UP address.

I have a SKY+HD box

this was working fine (and had been for some time) but is now no longer working.

any Ideas?

Regards, James.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Hiyaaaa

Re: Sky On Demand only showing "Showcase"

[ Edited ]

A planner rebuild should hopefully resolve this for you as it worked on mine.Press Services,this will highlight options up the top,press the right arrow once to highlight the spanner next to this which will be settings and press select on it,this will take you to picture,from there press 0 then 1 then select,this will take you to setup,then press the right arow untill you get to rebuild(becomes skyplus rebuild once highlighted)then press select twice and the box will reboot.Leave this process to complete for 5 minutes then turn it back on and hopefully youl be up and running.If this doesn't resolve it phone up sky and they will have to send a form away to there backoffice team.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
JohnofYork

worked for me too.

our On Demand reverted to Showcase only - suspiciously, after odd SMS from Sky about completing our On Demand setup, 2 eeks after we'd started using it.

had online chat with 'Sky Advisor@ who said that a Planner Rebuild would take 24-72 hours "to download all the programs" - so I suspect they don't really understand the process of 'On Demand' :smileyhappy:

did the rebuild as described.#it sat there' housekeeping' for nearly 15 minutes before I decided that the box had got stuck, so did the traditional "turn it off, wait 30 seconds, turn it on again" and , 2 minutes later, hey presto, all better again.

John

Occasional Visitor
JaKeep

thanks for the suggestions both, it work as you say, and the feedback from the Online Chat support said the same.

All rosey now! Steaming movies to my heart content!

below is the advice from the Online Chat Support:

Rebuild Planner

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/programmes-cannot-be-deleted-from-sky-guide-p...

Then, after that please follow this Please press the Services button on the remote and then Select button.

After that please come to the Sky+ Set up and

Scroll sideways to Customize tab and

Next go down to option Anytime and ensure it is ON.

To activate Anytime + ensure Broadband net work connection is ON also. Save with the Green button. Press TV guide button and then Red button

Visitor
Jacesterr27

Thanks very much, i am trying this now
Visitor
FrustratedPete

Thanks for the advice and assistance - worked for me.

Visitor
Woody147

Worked for me took about 2 min cheers
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hey Everyone, I can't live without my On Demand service, so I'm delighted to see that the steps posted by Hiyaaaa have helped get these issues sorted for you :smileyhappy:

If any of you have this, or any other issue again, then please feel free to post again and I'll be happy to help.

Good work Hiyaaaa! :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Burkey002

Yeah, the rebuild fixed mine as well. Thank you for the help. Much appreciated

Contributor
Feather42

Have had same problem myself. Contacted Sky who suggested my provider may have sent a firmware update to wireless connector. She suggested doing a reset on the wireless connector and this worked. Alternative try a manual reset for wireless connector in Settings/Network then touch red button on remote to start reset process. Hope these suggestions help.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Thanks for the suggestion Feather42,

Hopefully this to will be able to help others :smileyhappy:

Thanks again.

Regular Visitor
Tonylufc

I found this same problem when I just accessed On Demand. Thanks for the walkthrough to put this right. Took a couple of minutes to do and everything is back in place :smileyhappy:

Staff
John-B

Hi Tonylufc, that is great that you managed to sort your On Demand issue.

And thanks to Feather42 for the instructions on how to sort this :smileyhappy:

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
katweg

Hi everyone I am also having this problem and will try the planner rebuild but before I do I just wanted to check, does doing the planner rebuild delete everything currently in the planner??
Super User
Annie+UK

katweg wrote:
Hi everyone I am also having this problem and will try the planner rebuild but before I do I just wanted to check, does doing the planner rebuild delete everything currently in the planner??

No it does not.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).