Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Markee68
Accepted Solution

Sky News App - More Than One iPad

Both my son and I have iPads and we both use the Sky News App.

Now that you have to have a Sky TV account and have to log in, can we both log in with my Sky ID?

Surely we don't have to pay a subscription for the second iPad that's in the same household?

Can someone please advise?

Many thanks.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

Re: Sky News App - More Than One iPad

You can use sky go on to different devices so the two ipads would be allowed,it just means you wont be able to us the service on iphones nor pc/laptop/xbox 360 ! you can manage your devices online and you cna change once a month if needed at least for more variety :smileyvery-happy:
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Markee68

Thanks - so basically there is a two device limit?

Although, on the Xbox 360 it's Sky Player and not Sky News, so does this still count as a device for Sky News even though there isn't an equivalent app on the Xbox?

Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

the service is now called sky go. and sky go works on a range of devices inc - laptop/pc/mac/xbox 360/itouch/ipad/iphone and will soon be also on android phones nad tablets... out of all these devices you can use it on 2!
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Markee68, while Sky News the channel is available on Sky Go the Sky News iPad app is a different entity. I'm not sure whether the subscription is per device or per Sky iD and if it's per iD what the device limit is. I'll try to find out for you.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Member26

I have a Sky ID but it won't let me login to the Sky news iPad app. It worked before so do you know why it has ceased to work?
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

Hi, sorry for the belated answer. If you have a Sky subscription you can use your Sky iD on up to 3 devices concurrently. If you try to access the app on a 4th device an error message displays.

This limit also applies to in app subscriptions and in this case all devices will have to share the same iTunes account.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Member26 wrote:
I have a Sky ID but it won't let me login to the Sky news iPad app. It worked before so do you know why it has ceased to work?

Hi Member26, what happens when you try to sign in?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Pete+mcr

I'm having the same problem. My device is registered with Sky Go, but the Sky News app which used to work without issue now no longer works and says that my Sky ID is not eligible for the service.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Pete+mcr, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and sorry for the delay in replying. 

Did you manage to get this resolved? 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator