Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Leems101

Sky Movies and Sports 6 Months at £10 per Month Offer Not working

Have been sent an email by Sky on the 24th May to promote an offer of £10 per Month for 6 Months for both Sky Movies and Sports...offer ends 30th June.

i Click on the link and tried to apply for this dea on the 28th Junel but its not registering on the website. i tried the online chat with a Sky Agent and they "ASSURE" me that its just a technical error and that my bill will be correctly calculated. unfortunately, this hasnt happened and am going round in circles trying to get them looking at it, but all i get is they've made a note on my account for the billing people to correct. They have credited my account with £10 but that's another deal which i didnt sign for. Has Anyone else had this issue and how has it (if it has been) resolved? I find this extremely annoying especially as when you tried to contact them, it takes an age to get through and then they tell you my complaint is under investigation and that i will have to get back to them in 24 hours......i've waited several days and am none the wiser.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Retired Staff Member
Joss-91

Re: Sky Movies and Sports 6 Months at £10 per Month Offer Not working

Hi Leems101,

Thanks for getting in touch about the offer for Sports and Movies you have received.

Can I just clarify that you were upgraded to Sports and Movies but the offer hasn't been applied? Also you've said that an agent has credited £10 for the first month of the offer did they advise on a timescale for when the offer would be applied to the bill?

If you could let me know I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Cheers,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Leems101

That is correct.
I upgraded to both Sky Movies and Sky Sports via the Link provided to me in an email(sent on 24th May 2013) from sky (6 Months for £10 a month). Note that the deal ended on the 30th June, but I had applied for this offer on the 28th, so it hadn’t expired.
When I try to upgrade, the link wasn’t working properly, so I contacted a sky agent. They “Assured” me that it was a technical issue with the website and I would definitely get the promotional costs once I clicked on the “order” icon. When this was done, the price still didn’t take into the account the promotional cost. Take note that I didn’t “order” any package until I checked with a Sky Agent that what I was doing was correct.
Note that I sent the link I was given in the email to the sky agent for him to check. He agreed it was the correct link but wasn’t working properly, so sent me another link to try.
So I have indeed been upgraded but promotional offer NOT APPLIED as I was told it would.
With regards to the £10 credit, there isn’t a timescale. However, as the price for movies and sports upgrade is £30, the £10 credit brings the cost for the month to £20 which is still £10 over the promotional price.
I am slightly concerned because there was another offer available which is get £10 credit on first bill when signing up to both sky sports and sky movies. I am worried that the accounts department has applied the wrong deal to my account, thus leaving me out of pocket and thinking the problem has been resolved when it has not.
I have been online (and called) on several occasions but I get the standard “we’ve put a note on your account” and “wait 24 hours” for this to be investigated. No one seems to know exactly what is going on and no one knows how to resolve. I am extremely frustrated that I have taken a sky agents word on the fact that I wouldn’t have any issues with this promotion and it seems that all I get is issues and non-resolving of this.
I would be extremely grateful if this could be resolved asap else I will have no option but to cancel the package.
Many thanks
Retired Staff Member
Joss-91

Thanks for getting back to me Leems101.

I think we need to check your account to see what has been done so that we can clarify exactly where you stand. In order to do this I will get one of our support team to contact you via PM as soon as possible for some more information.

If you need a hand with anything else please get back in touch through the Forum.

Cheers,

Getting There
Leems101

thanks.

it would be good if you can give me an idea on how long this will take.

i'd rather not cancel teh subscription if i can get the deal that i signed up for, but am not prepared to take an alternative deal.

thanks