Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Blackbess
Accepted Solution

Sky Homepage

My PC Connects to broadband quite quickly ( I can tell by the 'tick' showing Skype has connected ). However it can typically take 15 to 20 mins before the Sky homepage opens. This very frustrating. Once the Home page appears I can then surf the web at an acceptable speed. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Many Thanks

Alun Price

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: Sky Homepage

What browser are you running? Is this 15 to 20 minutes from boot up or from being up and running as normal?

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Blackbess

Hi, I am using Internet Explorer - The 15 - 20 mins is from boot up.

Thanks

Alun

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Blackbess, it might be add ons slowing the start of Internet Explorer. You can test this by running it in no add ons mode. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). If this starts up much more quickly then see the information here or you could try a different browser.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Justin+Shefford

I don't seem to be able to find the general tab in my tools list, so am unable to restore Sky as my homepage which mysteriously doesn't appear any more when I sign in. Can you help? Justin

Super User
caesarome

If you are using Internet Explorer try this:

1. Navigate to the webpage you would like to set as the home page.

2. Click the arrow to the right of the Home button Picture of the Home button, and then click Add or Change Home Page.
  3. In the Add or Change Home Page dialog box, do one of the following:

• To make the current webpage your only home page, click Use this webpage as your only home page.

• To start a home page tab set or to add the current webpage to your set of home page tabs, click Add this webpage to your home page tabs.

• To replace your existing home page or home page tab set with the webpages you currently have open, click Use the current tab set as your home page. This option will only be available if you have more than one tab open in Internet Explorer.

4. Click Yes to save your changes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
dave+webb

email

Blackbess wrote:

My PC Connects to broadband quite quickly ( I can tell by the 'tick' showing Skype has connected ). However it can typically take 15 to 20 mins before the Sky homepage opens. This very frustrating. Once the Home page appears I can then surf the web at an acceptable speed. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Many Thanks

Alun Price

why dont sky answer my emails

dave+webb

why dont sky ever answer my emails

dave+webb

explorer

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi dave+webb,

Is there something we might be able to help with?

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
harrison1942

I cannot obtain www.sky.com homepage.  The general sign is not accessible

Occasional Visitor
harrison1942

Re: Sky Homepage, cannot access this for some reason.

Justin+Shefford wrote:

I don't seem to be able to find the general tab in my tools list, so am unable to restore Sky as my homepage which mysteriously doesn't appear any more when I sign in. Can you help? Justin

I am having the same trouble

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi harrison1942,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the community.

Are you still having this issue currently?