Sky+HD does not work - amber light on - no green

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 8

Sky+HD does not work - amber light on - no green

Hi,

I got my sky+HD box installed on the 12th sept 2011, after the engineer left within half hour or so the sky+HD box went to standby and never gets on. When I switch OFF and ON again it goes from Red to Amber light not a green one. The remote has no effect on the sky box. It still can operate my TV (like ON/OFF), but now remote signal is detected on the Sky box.

Please help me out with a solution,

Regards

Raghu

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 4 of 8

Re: Sky+HD does not work - amber light on - no green

Hi Raghu, in that case and assuming it was Sky that installed it, give Sky a call. You're under warranty so they should send someone out without charge to put things right.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

Call back the installer. He should have left his number with you.

Runner
Post 3 of 8

Mark39,

he never did leave his number.

Regards

Raghu

Answer
Oracle
Post 4 of 8

Hi Raghu, in that case and assuming it was Sky that installed it, give Sky a call. You're under warranty so they should send someone out without charge to put things right.

Runner
Post 5 of 8

thanks Mark

Executive Producer
Post 6 of 8

A suggestion.  When you bring the box out of 'deep sleep' ( red light ) to 'standby' ( amber light ), allow 4 minutes before pressing Sky on the remote to boot up.

Staff
Post 7 of 8

Hi, if switching the mains power off and back on then leaving it a few minutes on red/amber has not helped then try a front panel reset. This wipes all recordings and Anytime content.

• Power the box off at the mains.
  • Press and hold the left and right arrows either side of select on the top of the box, not the remote.
  • Turn the power on at the mains and keep the arrows held in until the blue circle lights up on the front or 90 seconds pass.
  • If you have the blue circle press select on the box and leave for a few minutes.
  • If not try once more.

If it's still stuck on standby then get in touch and we can discuss a service call.

Malcolm-M
Viewer
Post 8 of 8

Hello. My sky box has an amber light, and isn't reacting to the remote , the remote is working fine with my tv. I have turned off at mains for 5 minutes then back on but it hasnt helped. Do you know anything I can try. It's a new box, 2 weeks old.
Recommended Threads