Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Raghunandhanraju
Accepted Solution

Sky+HD does not work - amber light on - no green

Hi,

I got my sky+HD box installed on the 12th sept 2011, after the engineer left within half hour or so the sky+HD box went to standby and never gets on. When I switch OFF and ON again it goes from Red to Amber light not a green one. The remote has no effect on the sky box. It still can operate my TV (like ON/OFF), but now remote signal is detected on the Sky box.

Please help me out with a solution,

Regards

Raghu

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: Sky+HD does not work - amber light on - no green

Call back the installer. He should have left his number with you.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Raghunandhanraju

Mark39,

he never did leave his number.

Regards

Raghu

Super User
Mark39

Hi Raghu, in that case and assuming it was Sky that installed it, give Sky a call. You're under warranty so they should send someone out without charge to put things right.

Occasional Visitor
Raghunandhanraju

thanks Mark

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

A suggestion.  When you bring the box out of 'deep sleep' ( red light ) to 'standby' ( amber light ), allow 4 minutes before pressing Sky on the remote to boot up.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi, if switching the mains power off and back on then leaving it a few minutes on red/amber has not helped then try a front panel reset. This wipes all recordings and Anytime content.

• Power the box off at the mains.
  • Press and hold the left and right arrows either side of select on the top of the box, not the remote.
  • Turn the power on at the mains and keep the arrows held in until the blue circle lights up on the front or 90 seconds pass.
  • If you have the blue circle press select on the box and leave for a few minutes.
  • If not try once more.

If it's still stuck on standby then get in touch and we can discuss a service call.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
lauracoulton

Hello. My sky box has an amber light, and isn't reacting to the remote , the remote is working fine with my tv. I have turned off at mains for 5 minutes then back on but it hasnt helped. Do you know anything I can try. It's a new box, 2 weeks old.