Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
krisb

Sky + HD box failing to record or pause

I have been trying to get this working since yesterday but with no joy. I have called sky customer services 3 seperate occasions they have checked my account details re sent the+ signal to my viewing card twice, done planner rebuild, system reset forced software update, checked all connections, checked satelite signals for lock on 1 and 2, and it still displays a message to contact the broadcaster as live pause record is unavailable. Now Im waiting for an engineer visit on the 1st of may at a cost of £40 this is made more annoying by the fact that another engineer is coming on aprill the 29th to fit a standard hd box but will not be able to swap or fix my hd+ box at the same time. Oh and the only reason the standard hd box is coming is because it was the only way to re activate the multiroom service from the sky website as I wished to avoid lengthy expensive calls to sky customer services. Also noticed on my portfolio page it seems to think I have 2 hd+ boxes when I only have 1 could this be the cause of the problem. Sky such an easy company to deal with...:manmad: NOT!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
kirsty+d

Re: Sky + HD box failing to record or pause

Hi krisb,

Thank you for contacting us with your issue.

It is certainly strange that no one has been able to get to the bottom of this without an engineer callout. It is usually something simple such as wrong card or card not in the correct slot, are you able to confirm that you can see your card details on the screen when you press services then 0,3. Did the agent confirm for you that the correct subscriptions in relation to Sky+ were apparent on your account.

I appreciate that it was not possible to book the service call on to the booking you had already made for the installation but there is certainly no harm in asking the engineer to look at it if he has the time. If this is possible then you can cancel the service call and get the fee re-credited.

Please let us know how things go.

Regards,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
krisb

I confirmed the box details and card number with 2 different advisors but what puzzles me is on my account page on skys website it lists my boxes as 1x 1 terrabyte box and 2x hd+ boxes when I only have one I wonder if this is causing the problem. Begining to wish I just phoned them up in the 1st place to get multiroom switched on

krisb

Well after having an engineer come out to fit an hd box he had a look at the hd+ box and got straight on his phone to his support team who eventually got the problem sorted. Turns out that customer service team to regular sky customers are not very good at sorting these issues out are prone to errors. The box was up and running in 20 mins and the engineer was on his way, second service call was not needed so cancelled it.

A big thank you to the engineer who attended the install and then sorted out the hd+ box.