Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
garry240868
Accepted Solution

Sky+ HD & magic eye

Hi wonder if someone can please help, recently upgraded to Sky HD, previously magic eye worked fine with Sky+ but like most people has gone off since fitting HD box, have turned power on to RF2 and left on default channel 68, picture & sound is fine on TV upstairs but remote only turns sound up & down, have been on a few forums  and the impression I get is that TV upstairs has to be on same channel, problem is when tuning TV shows band in MHz not channel numbers, if someone can please help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: Sky+ HD & magic eye

Is the magic eye led lit up red? if not double check your co-ax is plugged into the rf2 socket on the back of your box

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Also when you changed the rf2 setting to on. Did you press Green to save the settings?

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
garry240868

Thanks for the reply, RF settings saved on green button, have replaced the co-axial cable end as precaution, retuned TVs in house, the light is illuminated on magic eye where cable plugs into aerial socket.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Try unplugging the magic eye from the tv and moving it away and see if you can change channel.
Super User
Mark39

Hi Garry, can you clarify exactly what the problem is here? Am I right in thinking you have a good Sky picture and sound on your upstairs and it's simply that the remote won't change channel on your Sky box using the magic eye?

Are you using the remote that came with the new HD box? If not, does it change the Sky channel when you use it in the same room as the Sky box?

garry240868

Hi Mark, yeah thats right can watch Sky upstairs & good picture, the remote is the one that came with box and it changes sky when in same room as sky box. Thanks

Super User
Mark39

[ Edited ]

Hi garry, thanks for that. In that case, if nothing other than the replacement HD box and remote has changed, it looks like your magic eye and new remote are not compatible. Try re-programming your remote as Sky+, rather than HD. It shouldn't make any difference to its function, but should restore its compatibility with your magic eye:

1 Press "TV"
2 Press and hold "Select" and "i" together until red led on the remote flashes twice
3 Press "1" for Sky+ mode ("2" for HD mode should you need to change back at any time)

4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice
5 Press "Sky" and give it a try.

garry240868

Thanks for the help Mark, went out and got new magic eye, looks to have done the trick.

garry240868

Thanks for the help, problem solved

Occasional Visitor
Doogie2009

Hi, wondered if anyone can help, have just changed to skyhd, now magic eye is not working, light is only illuminated when I tried it in the back of the skyhd box, putting it back into the normal tv in another room and it's not working HELP!
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Sounds as though the 9v DC current is decoupled somewhere.  Probably at one or other of the co-ax connectors.  Push them both fully into their respective sockets.  Also make sure the cables aren't loose or flapping around on the connectors.  The cable should be a nice tight fit onto the connectors.

Visitor
Miss+Smiler

I just read through all of these as I had same problem of eye not working and I tried them out and nothing worked and didn't want to go and buy another eye if I didn't need to so I searched online.

If anyone is still having problems after reading this though I just found this web page, done the instructions for the HD box and worked straight away

http://www.sky-remotes.com/setup-sky-magic-eye.shtml

Occasional Visitor
donlou

thank you Miss+smiler this info page has just worked for me :smileyhappy: wonderful

Occasional Visitor
thewyers

Just a quick note.I solved my problem.I had put the coax cable feeding my other room into rf1 instead of the f2f port in the sky box. It is worth checking.