Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
damionl0we
Accepted Solution

Sky+HD Remote with Sky+Box

Hi,

I have been sent here by the @SkyHelpTeam on Twitter. They advised me you'd be able to help me on this forum - hope you can!

I telephoned a customer service representivie over at Sky and asked for a replacement remote control for my Sky+ box. I was advised that Sky would provide me with a remote control but it would not be a Sky+ control like I currently had but a Sky+HD control and was advised it would work with my box if I programmed it to.

Unfortunately the Sky Advisor couldn't give me directions how to set up the new control and after emailing the Sky help group, I was still non-the-wiser as they gave me incorrect instructions.

They Sky box I'd like to programme the remote to is a Sky+ box.

It's a Amstrad A2P0802 version 0092720870

The remote control I'd like to programme to the box is a Sky HD Rev.9F control. The sticker underneath the battery cover reads "URC1672-00-01R01. S3F80KBXXV-C0CB" I'm not sure if that information is required.

Thank-you in advance.

Regards,

Damion

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
damionl0we

Re: Sky+HD Remote with Sky+Box

This thread no longer requires an answer. I got an answer from here.

Please lock this thread.

Regards,

Damion

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Remotes-Accessories/sky-remote-rev9-doesn-t-control-digibox/m-p/1300...

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Damion,

It is really great to see you have managed to find a solution to your query using our forum :smileyhappy:

Would it be possible for you to post the answer to your query here aswell, so that other users with similar issues could possibly find a resolution on your thread?

Thanks,

Getting There
damionl0we

For most remotes Version 4 and later (white label inside battery cover)
1 Press "TV"
2 Press and hold "Select" and "Yellow" together until red led in remote end flashes twice (On HD remotes "Select" and "i" together) - if it doesn't flash twice then remote cannot be reprogrammed (clone or too old)
3 Press "0" to operate standard box, "1" for Sky+ and on HD remotes "2" for HD - remotes in Sky+ mode will normally control HD boxes as well
4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice
5 Press "Sky" and away you go