Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Pete+H2K
Accepted Solution

Sky+HD Planner rebuild

Just a quick question - how long shoud the planner rebuild take ?

I have an original Thomson HD box with about 20% free disk space. Currently housekeeping has been running for an hour and 4 minutes.

Should it take this long ?

Thanks

Pete

If this post has helped you, you can thank me by clicking the pink star to give me Kudos :-)
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: Sky+HD Planner rebuild

The Planner Rebuild should take no longer than 10 seconds.  It will leave the box in standby.  Allow 4 minutes for the EPG listings to load, then press Sky to view.

If the process 'hangs', as yours has clearly done, reboot the box at the mains, and try again.

If still no joy, your PSU may have a problem.  Usually, one or more capacitors have failed.  All 15 need to be replaced, or the PSU itself.  Google 'Thomson PSU problem' for any amount of useful info, or visit any of the popular Sky HD forums.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Pete+H2K

Hi,

yeah, it was still in house keeping when I got up at 6.

I so so so hope its not the psu again, I only replaced the caps 6 months ago. Next time sky protect call, I might take them up on their offer :smileyhappy:

thanks

Pete

If this post has helped you, you can thank me by clicking the pink star to give me Kudos :-)
Super User
Dsldude

Sounds more like a harddrive issues if anything.

If you cant get it to sort itself out you could try a front panel format

Switch off at the wall and then hold the left and right directional buttons on the front panel.. switch back on and wait until the large green cirle goes green... when it does (it will start flashing).. hit the select button the front panel.. the green circle will go backwards for a few minutes.

It will then go into standby mode.. leave two mins and then you're good to go...

(warning - this will reset the box and lose all your planner programmes so only do it as a last resort)

Pete+H2K

Cool something I didnt know about :smileytongue:

rebooting resolve the issue, i have performed house keeping and within seconds it has restarted it self so all is good.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

Pete