Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
JMHOYLE999

Sky+HD DRX 890-C vs Sky+HD 2TB DRX 895-W

Could any one tell me please other than the size of the hard drive, lack of RF out and WiFi if the DRX 895-W Sky+HD 2TB is any better in any other ways than our current DRX 890-C Sky+HD Sky box.

Thanks

Jon

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Bronze)
Ste192013

Re: Sky+HD DRX 890-C vs Sky+HD 2TB DRX 895-W

I personally have not heard off any more changes other then what you have stated.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
nsewell

Nope, other than those modifications the box is essentially the same. In fact they run exactly the same software.
Frequent Visitor
JMHOYLE999

Thanks for your replies, I wondered if the 895w was in any way faster as I've read that upgrading the drive on the 890c could make it slower.

I currently have both boxes as I upgraded to the 895w after being told by a Sky agent you could perform a peer-to-peer copy on the new box from old one.

Now that I know I can't copy from box to box I'm considering returning the 895w and just upgrading the 890c, because if I did want to copy to content from the old to new box I'd still have to open them up anyway.