Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
iamthegr81

Sky+HD 1TB Box ECO Mode?

Hello,

My Sky+HD 1TD Box was automatically updated last night with new software and one of the updates was 'ECO' mode. Although the onscreen message says ECO Mode uses less energy overnight I'm still not sure what affects it will have. I record quite a few shows in the early hours of the morning. In fact I'm not very happy because the update itself interrupted my recording of WWE Raw last night (1:00am - 4:00am) and previous updates always seem to happen while that show is on.

So, what are the downsides of using 'ECO Mode' rather than 'Standby'?

Thank you.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: Sky+HD 1TB Box ECO Mode?

[ Edited ]

Downsides during eco mode are:

No RF passthru

Box takes longer to startup (if started manually before it auto exits eco)

No remote record requests actioned

No access via Sky+App

BTW, ECO mode was introduced in version R006 so is not new to R007 currently being rolled out.

Annie..........        Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
nsewell

If your box is in standby and their are no planned recordings then ECO mode will put you sky+hd box into low power mode (red led) between aprox 1:30 - 5:00 am. Low power mode is just about the equivalent of turning your box off at the wall, it only consumes less than 0.5w however when your box is brought out of low power mode it will need to boot up again although it had been switched off at the wall. This will happen automatically at aprox 5:00am, if you use your box earlier you will need to manually bring your box out of low power mode by holding down standby for 5 seconds
I'm New Here
stuartbennett

What happens if a programme is scheduled to be recorded during the times when Eco mode is in place. Will it recorded it if your in Eco mode.
Super User
Annie+UK

stuartbennett wrote:
What happens if a programme is scheduled to be recorded during the times when Eco mode is in place. Will it recorded it if your in Eco mode.

A scheduled recording will override ECO mode, as will a scheduled software update etc...

Annie..........        Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.