Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
pommy02
Accepted Solution

Sky Go sound out of sync

On downloaded programmes the sound and picture is out of sync. This is highly annoying. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Sky Go sound out of sync

Hi pommy02, 

Can you tell us if this is happening for Live TV as well or just downloaded programmes?

I'd recommend checking your computer meets the System Requirements and trying our Silverlight Optimimisation Tool to see if enabling or disabling Hardware Acceleration helps clear the issue.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
pommy02

live tv is ok in small screen.  if its in full screen then it goes out of sync.  On demand is the same either way.  System requirements are fine and i enabled hardware acceleration and its still the same

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi pommy02, is it on demand content you have downloaded to your PC or are you streaming? If it's on streaming only what is your connection speed and does it happen using an alternate browser?

Do you have more than one audio device on your PC (HDMI, on board sound, discrete sound card) so that you could test whether it's just an issue with one device?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

pommy02

Ive worked out that it is all content when it is full screen.  When small it is fine.  Only one audio device.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Thanks pommy02, has anyone else in the community seen this problem specific to full screen? I'll try to test it myself.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Mat+Bowden

Yeah, me :smileysad:

Occasional Visitor
Brokenweston

I have the same problem....running on xbox and have 10mb broadband
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Brokenweston, 

Can you tell us if this is affecting all channels you try to watch on Sky Go through your XBOX?

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Richard2012

I have the same issue on my Dell XPS laptop with downloaded content (I was trying to catch up on Strikeback last night). This is my 64-bit gaming machine so it should be up to spec.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Richard2012, 

Can you tell us if you have Hardware Aceleration enabled for Microsoft Silverlight by running our Silverlight Optimisation Tool on the Sky Go website?

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Headie

Content downloaded in advanced watched offline or online goes out of sync whether harware acceleration option choosen or not.  Minimise maximise makes a little diff, but generally totally useless if you want to watch content full screen.

Main issue is that for some reason silverlight is grabbing full processing power.  Nothing else running except normal windows bloat and processor is about 5 - 10 %........run Sky Go suddenly 100% and picture is all jumpy.

Doing my head in.

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
diddycriddy

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with downloaded programs.  Silverlight takes all the processing power causing it to constantly hit 100% in task manager.  Incredibly irritating.  Watching in full screen is impossible and even in small screen the audio goes out of sync eventually and the picture skips.

Any help greatly appreciated.