Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
Djhb1980

Sky Go on PS3

When will we get Sky Go on the PS3

In this on p19 it suggest it will

http://corporate.sky.com/documents/pdf/latest_results/interim_results_presentation_1112
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Re: Sky Go on PS3

Hi Djhb1980,

Thanks for bringing your query to the Forum.

I'm not aware of any plans to bring Sky Go to the PS3 but if this does change we will certainly let everyone know about it.

However,

Sky and Sony have struck a deal which will allow PS3 users to view selected content from the Playstation Store Video Store these include: Dollhouse, 24, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development and South Park.

The content available can be viewed in SD and HD with prices for both platforms varying from £1.49 to £2.49, you can access this from the Playstation Store on your PS3.

I hope this helps.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Aly+Smyth

This is really disappointing from Sky AND from Sony. The xBox already has sky go and I cannot see any reason why it has not been added to the Playstation, considering there are already streaming apps like bbc iPlayer and 4OD. Really really not happy! Boooo

Frequent Visitor
Djhb1980

Something must be contractural with MS for this not to have come yet.
It's the only reason as Sky Go on ALL Sony devices would be amazing but then again the 2 device limit is so restrictive in the modern world.

I believe in better but I'm yet to see it with every breakthrough from sky a hurdle is put there by the same people. Its a Joke!!!!!!!!!!!
Occasional Visitor
thetesttubebaby

sky love MONEY.... microsoft paid a lot of it to get exclusive rights to sky go, playstation will never get it

Visitor
Skyuser1981

I think its high time Sky Go was put on the PlayStation 3! I can't see any good reason as to why it has not already! the Xbox 360 has had Sky content available on it for ages and you cannot access the browser version of Sky Go on the PS3 because it runs using Microsofts own software called silverlight! I cannot help suspecting that a large amount of money has changed hands to ensure that the PS3 is permanently left out in the cold.

Contributor
mcratty

I agree with everyone..... Skygo should b available on ps3. As far as i can see sky need to do more to release sky go on more platforms. But the playetation browser is terrible and playback would be choppy
Occasional Visitor
willie1690

I agree with U playstation browser isn't great but if they made an app like they did for BBC it cud b done this is a disgrace from sky in my eyes!RAM UR XBOX AND SKY FOR THAT MATTER
Visitor
jerome1311

Could someone from Sky let us know why Sky Go isn't on the PS3 yet? It has a 5 million+ userbase in the UK and now NOW TV is coming soon so why not Sky Go?

Occasional Visitor
blueskybluesky

yes i agree they should explain why they have withheld this service.
Occasional Visitor
woodywoody58

Sky are not withholding it, Sony weren't willing to agree contract and price like MS and also want to use their resources elsewhere, as it'd be sony who'd have to develop app to work on ps3, who knos with the ps4 though???